Twenty Sixth Meow - Soiled Conscience

TW: Power tripping,  Narcissism,  Abuse.

There's more scarier than monsters... people; just like how bears are preferred more than men.

”People aren't capable of change if it's the path they opt to walk,  there's no amount of healing that could purify a soiled conscience

”People aren't capable of change if it's the path they opt to walk,  there's no amount of healing that could purify a soiled conscience. ”

The atmosphere was rather awkward and rather... terrifying for Anthony and Aegir who are sitting face to face in a cafè table. It's not about them staring glances at each other then shy away; afraid that they would eventually catch sight of each other's staring. The presence that concerns them and sends shivers down to their spines is the person sitting in-between, Mr. So, whose face was scowling with bared teeth almost like he's a rabid dog... early in the morning.

They said that, "Mornings should start with a smile" but Mr. So is a clear non believer of that.

The cafè was spacious that day, there's not many people sitting by the tables but there's also a reasonable queue by the cash register; ordering coffee for takeout. Most of them were looking over their phones, some were yawning as they grabbed their individual cups.

Anthony never expected that Mr. So would call him while he's still making breakfast. They were having a peaceful morning but peace is never an option to his agent, he should've known.

His agent is now in front of his laptop; checking Anthony's manuscript that's almost done. Anthony was getting nervous, his hands started to sweat because he doesn't know if Mr. So is frowning because it's bad or because it's passable and he couldn't think of another insult as 'criticism'.

With a sigh, Anthony lay hold of his cafe latte; taking a few sips. He's quite thankful that he brought Aegir with him, at least he got beautiful scenery rather than suffering over a living nightmare.

Anthony already made peace with himself that indeed he amicably perceives Aegir as attractive. But he's still not sure what he's feeling because he knows he's not gay but Aegir seems like a special case.

Setting his eyes to the silver ring on his ring finger, Anthony's cheeks burned for the nth time but it's not only his cheeks that were not spared by the heat but also his tongue as the hot scalding liquid seared on it.