Eighteenth Meow - Beastly Encounters and Resolve

WARNING! GRAPHIC THEMES (GORE AND VIOLENCE).

Anthony could feel as if his soul will leave his body any moment from now

Anthony could feel as if his soul will leave his body any moment from now. He could only hear his throat releasing a blood-curdling scream; he is clinging his dear life to the fur of a Fenrir—a mythical beast that is one of Artemisia's familiar. It's currently giving them a rather very swifty ride. Artemisia told them that she'll train them how to use their powers. Especially Anthony—who has the most responsibility of all—free some souls on which he's not sure if he could accomplish.

He's with Aegir, Vin, and Artemisia and fortunately, they fit perfectly on their current mode of transportation. Although that transportation can gnaw a person to bits and pieces. He couldn't even understand why Aegir is okay with all of these.  The cat is even sightseeing to the view;  eyes sparkling in excitement while the darn bunny, Vin—he even has the guts to feel sleepy even if they're riding a BEAST not a car,  but a freaking beast!

The beast is massive, for Anthony, its size is that of two grizzly bears. It has an ashen fur with hints of black and white in its back, neck and legs. Its face surprisingly resembles that of a wolf but with a more menacing aura and crimson colored eyes.

And yes, it sure is a mythical beast. Anthony has many questions and doubts but... does he have a choice? Certainly not.

He could only fix his gaze to the creature and convince himself that it's just a very oversized dog.

In this world, apart from creatures just like Aegir and nymphs, there's also mythical creatures that do not belong to the races of the guardians nor they're one of the guardians. They are creatures who remained neutral and independent over the millennium. They earned their rights to exist without being asked to choose sides because their powers are equal or can exceed the power of a guardian especially if they were given a chance to further evolve.

Mythical creatures are once normal animals or creatures exposed in an abnormal amount of magic.  If they could survive the exposure—they'll evolve.

"Are you okay? " Anthony heard Aegir's voice. Aegir just sat next to him. Aegir could see Anthony's face that resembles a ghost; pale and almost his blood is running away from his body. His hands were also shaking.