Chapter 24

Pov. Avery

"Everyone leave. Return tomorrow ready for changes." Alex sweetly orders as they all file out of the arena.

"That was attractive." I smirked, "We will see who's in charge later in the bedroom though."

"AVERY! Not around my parents."

Alex's dad interrupted our telepathic banter with a hug. "I'm proud of the leaders you will be but your mom and I must get going."

"What you guys just arrived. How are we going to lead an army when we don't even know any tactics?" I said.

"Simple, the house. The house and Alex can show you the past, present, and future... but only if you let it. We didn't come here to return to a throne, but we will be here with reinforcements when the time comes. Our home needs us too. Besides, Alex gave us an excellent idea to further our military agenda and we need to go whip our warriors into shape if we will be of any use to you. It's your turn Queen Avery and Queen Alex." He spoke as if he was proud we were growing up and they were gone the next minute.

Alex filled me in on the plan we had for training. Apparently, she needed me to be the bad cop, which I don't mind since I am known for being too blunt at times. Alex couldn't take the mentally strain it is to be feared and respected anyways, she needs to be loved and adored... a symbol for a hopeful future. The goal was to blend together so every subject knew we meant business but we are fair.

All of this strategy talk made me horny. Watching her eyebrows burrow together when she thought drive me crazy, I couldn't wait to see the facial expressions she'd make when I make her beg.

"After we get this training down, we should get married." I stated.

"How bout nope." She sung.

"What do you mean nope?"

"You can't say that as a statement. You need to ask me, nicely."

"Okay, baby will you marry me?" I kissed at her neck as she moved to give me more access.

"Mmm..." she moaned.

"I'll take that as a yes, I whispered against her skin to be met by her pushing me away.

"No. You can't ask like that it doesn't count. It needs to be a gesture and it can't be right now because I'll know you didn't actually put thought in it."

She walked out of the room. Her hips moving side to side. I love it when she walks. I followed her to our room as she prepared for bed. She nuzzled into me and prepared to sleep. We had a long first day tomorrow and an even longer couple of weeks to come.

She fell asleep immediately. All I could do was toss and turn thinking about what a nice gesture is to marry. I mean usually when you find a mate you it's a given that you belong to that person. However, Alex acts like she doesn't belong to me and that it's her choice. This is what happens when vampires grow up in the human world, they lose all their common sense. A gesture... like a high five, or shoulder shrug... maybe some wine.

"Goodnight my princess." I whispered as I held her close before I fell asleep.

Things are about to get a spicy and crazy guys <3 make sure to comment and vote, I appreciate you guys 💙