Chapter 18

Avery Pov.

The floor creaked from my footsteps as I entered the big basement. Not many people can have those dreams. Only someone powerful enough to communicate with the goddess. She blesses only certain vampires to maintain order of humanity and without her guidance every creature young and old would fall to ashes. How long has she had these dreams. Maybe the goddess had been preparing Alex for becoming my mate all along.

I opened a cabinet of diaries. Each journal only half full. I still couldn't put my finger on the point of starting a new journal every time the pages became half way filled. I opened the thin leather book hoping to find some sort of answer on Alex's dream.

The time for death is now. I have been burdened with immortality, but others would see it as a gift. What gift could a life where you cannot die be? I am never who I truly am because I cannot be the same person through out time, my body looks 23 but my mind is as old as the oldest red wood tree. Every night sleep never finds me as it did when I was human. I wake up feeling restless from the images time shows me. I am stuck moving forward yet my soul is left in the woods where I would play. I am simply alone pretending to be multiple people in multiple realities. I am the greatest recreation of time and the best representation of the importance of death.

These entries could be so depressing. But I know it's somewhere in here. Tell me about the keeper of dreams. The purpose. Come on. It has to be in here I thought to myself as I flipped through more pages until one entry caught my eye.

   It's blurry, but clear. The garden holds so many stories left unsaid and so many stories still being written. I've started to see the past and the future. It's only time before I become trapped in my dream state forever. Taking on responsibilities I do not wish to have but will accept... There's this boy, I am going to break his heart, his love keeps me whole, but I wouldn't dare cause him to share my fate. It pains me to hear his heart weaken everyday, but his dreams are sweeter than honey and happier than the ones I've been dreaming. His voice full of inspiration and passion, he is the best version of all things good.  I wish my dreams could be as simple as his. To only focus on your own things. This gift should never be someone's burden, but it should be someone's gift. Which is why when I become the one, every 10,000 years someone worthy enough by blood will have an opportunity to hold the keys to peace and destruction blood shall be tested and the gift slowly embraced if deemed worthy by me. But be warned my

I went to turn the page and there it was the start of the blank f***ing pages. This is the last book in the collection and it just trails off. It just stops out of no where. These books are useless. I marched up the creaky stairs forgetting I was a vampire I was craving something right now. I needed to get laid. For a moment I thought about her. The fun we could have. I shook some dirty thoughts from my head and ran to see Alex. I stopped right on the side of her causing her to jump.

"Ah! You scared me Avery." She said placing her hand over her heart.

   "If you'd excuse me Dax, I'm going to take Alex up to our room now." I said in an authoritative tone.

   Alex tensed at my harshness. I slid my hand to her ass pulling her off the chair and into my side. I kissed her neck quickly lingering for a moment before turning back to Dax.

   "She's all yours we were just finishing up a late night dinner. Goodnight Miss Alex and Miss Avery." And with that said he vanished into the shadows.

   I grabbed Alex bridal style and took off to our room. We were in there in less than a second. Her heart was beating fast. I liked it fast.

   "I want you Alex." I spoke hungrily kissing her immediately.

   My hands trailed across her body. Leaving goosebumps on her smooth skin. My lips parted from hers and attached to her neck, searching for her sweet spot. I found it as she let out a moan and began sucking lightly around the area. My hands found themselves attached to her ass as she let out a small whimper as I squeezed.

   I picked her legs up and wrapped them around my waist while reconnecting our lips. In one rapid motion I moved us to the bed pinning her hands above her head. My leg was positioned right between her legs barely applying pressure. Our lips moved in synch with each other as her hips started to grind against my leg wanting more, I smirked in response.

   Soft moans escaped her lips. Her breathing turned into pants. I moved my leg back causing the  friction to stop between her legs. She turned flustered and lust was evident in her eyes.

   "I want to take you right now." I whispered in her ear lustfully.

   "Avery tak-" She began to say but was cut off.

   "REE REEEEEEE IM BACKKK!" My sister Vero came bursting in my room.

   "What the fuck." Alex and I said in unison but in two completely different tones.

   "Don't act like I haven't seen it before Avery." Veronica said with a straight face as she sat down at the edge of the bed.

   My face reddened with embarrassment and anger. She shouldn't say stuff like that with Alex around. I'm a different person.

   "And who are you little Miss barging into rooms like you own the place." Alex scoffed in annoyance.

   "Oh Avery darling you got yourself a feisty one." Veronica winked at me and laughed.

   Alex did not find any of this amusing. Her fist clenched in a jealousy range which was quite hot. This was definitely turning me on.

   "Veronica it's really poor timing." I sighed knowing the mood was now killed.

   "Well, poor timing probably wouldn't have happened if you learned how to answer your phone." She sassed back.

   "Well I'm sorry I went to the basement and then things escalated from the kitchen to the room so I haven't heard or checked my phone."  After I finished my apology Alex snapped.

   "WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHO THIS VERONICA CHICK IS AND WHY SHE IS THROWING ALL THIS SASS!"

   Veronicaand I both had shocked looks on our faces. Neither of us were expecting that from her. I decided to try to calm her down by grabbing her hand and kissing her check and neck area. She relaxed a little bit but was still tense. Vero was smiling at the sight.

   "Baby this is my sister. Veronica but we call her Roni for short. She was named after my dad's best friend." I told her soothingly.

   "Ohhhh. I'm sorry about my weird outburst." Alex laughed in embarrassment.

   "It's okay hun. Avery just forgets sometimes important things need to be dealt with." Roni said.

   "Like what?" Alex tilted her head and asked.

   "Well first, two very very important people are on there way here to discuss things with Avery. So it would be nice to get the staff back in this house and start preparing for their arrival." Roni scolded me.

   "Okay, well can this wait till morning?" I asked.

   "I assume." Roni spoke with annoyance and then continued "good night ladies." And with that she was gone.

   Alex was still clutching my hand but she seemed to have fallen asleep. I sighed and closed my eyes as well. Reaching for her body and bringing it close to mine.

   "Goodnight baby" I whispered.

Hope you Guys are enjoying so far!! Let me know what you think!! Like and comments my loves 😌💘‼️