Chapter 45

Avery Pov.

Today was the day. An agonizing and excruciating ceremony everyone will call the wedding of the century. I do not want our kid to feel the negative energy that will encompass this night, so Ezra will stay in our secure wing where no one will wander. For precaution measures the door will be sealed off unless I or Alex wishes to enter.

   My black wedding dress enhances my curves with elegant class. I could only imagine how Alex looked in hers. I love her, but Im already tied to her for lifetimes. This ceremony simply shows arrogant leaders and prestigious members of our society how we will rule and protect everyone.

  It's kind of like giving a baby a binky so they will stop crying. It's peace of mind. Nothing else.

   Our vows will be quick, but the ceremony will be painstakingly slow since every person in a attendance will submit a gift to help guide our official rule.

   There will be a party afterwards, but the only part I'm looking forward to besides seeing my sexy mate... is meeting Alex's real parents.

   An hour later, I was escorted to my side of the entrance. As the music started we began walking out even with each other's pace. She looks like an Angel. Her scent surrounded my nostrils as her heart embraced my soul as our hands touched each other. Our vows today were not for each other. They were for the people counting on us.

   To love, protect, and cherish through  famines, wars, and internal conflicts. Told hold you dear and close with you always in mind. To raise lights in the darkest moments....

  Our vows did not have to be personalized, our tones as we were in sync had to show passion to our people. The ones who would make this rule easy or difficult. We have already provided a child and won a war so many are in favor of us already and deem us reliable. However, there's always the few who pray for a succession even if not for my rule, definitely for my kids.

   The ceremony was prolonged once Alex's parents came up. Their aura's were intense, but the love Im their eyes for their daughter warmed me in a way I began to think about all the years they lost and ball the years I took advance of with my parents.

   They were not fancy like in their painted pictures on our walls. They were elegant and sharp. They were superior with knowledge but most importantly with their sacrifice toward each other.

   "We bless your majesties with a moon crystal and a sun rock necklace. May your hearts guide you and your love humble your decisions." They whispered in union.

   "Thanks mom, dad. We would like to invite you to stay in our home. Maybe have a dinner or two after the honey moon?"

   "We would love to." They spoke at the same time again as there movements mirrored each other perfectly.

   Definitely an intimate bond they have. Which should be expected since they are one of the few oldest vampires yet. Vampires generally, don't get to choose how many kids they have or when they will have any. However, they had their first and only kid 3000 years later. And their family is the purest blood of vampires and royalty known to walk our Earth. They sacrificed much of their youth to create a place were everyone could live in peace.

   As they left the room I felt Alex's posture relax. It was cute seeing her so nervous. I wish we could leave these trivial things and go on a honeymoon.

   Hours later, we went to our reception but we were so tired and were so excited to finally wish our fellow countryman goodbye at the end of the night.

   The best part was coming back into our room and seeing my son. Lucian, now known as the prince of princes.

   I grabbed Alex from behind her waist as she lifted him up to coddle him, "I love you Prince Luc" she whispered.

  "And I love you both more."

   As we set him in the crib we cuddled and could finally rest before the trials tomorrow. One stressful event to another. Can't waitttttt.

   Remember to like comment and vote!! I appreciate ur support guys!!