Chapter 1

Alex Pov.
Today was Friday so I decided to go out and party. I went to a local club for gay people. Yes I'm a lesbian, but so what love happens in mysterious ways.

   I've been grinding and dancing on people for a couple of hours, so I decided to go get a drink from the bar. I  sat down next to a woman who look to be 23. I order an apple martini. While I was waiting for my drink I noticed the woman was staring at me. I don't think she was taught staring was rude. Her piercing green eyes were burning holes threw my head. She just continued to stare at me. I felt a need to ask her if she needed something. I turned my head to look her straight in the eyes.

   "Um d-do you need something..." I stuttered as I saw her. She was wearing a black dress that hugged all of her curves. She was also had black wedges and light make up making her beautiful green eyes pop out even more.

   "Yes I do... Hey I think the bartender forgot your drink let me get you one." She spoke in a soft raspy voice.

   "T-thank you I would appreciate it."

   "Hey Jake! I need a apple martini over here asap!" She exclaimed at the bartender. The drink was in front of me in less than 30 seconds.

   I sat at the bar talking a bit to that woman. She looked at me grasping everything I told her. She asked me all about my life. My family everything. By my second drink I was spilling my whole life story to the woman.

   "So ya my parents died in a car crash. I've been all alone since forever. All relationships I ever had never worked out. I'm not one for all sweet lovey dovey, ya know. I want the whole intensity that love has to offer. The race, the adrenaline, the possession, the romance, the experience, and basically everything love offers. I don't know I mean know one has ever interested me. I been with many girls before and they were all pretty good but know one has made me really feel. I probably sound crazy and what I'm looking for probably doesn't exist... I never had anyone or felt safe anywhere since I basically lived on my own since 16 now here I am talking to a stranger, who I don't even know the name of, about my life." The women hummed as a response of understanding throughout my whole rant. Then she replied.

   "Avery."

   "Nice to meet you Avery... Umm I'm Alex." I told her with a shy smile.

   "That name is beautiful. Fit for a princess just like yourself." I blushed at this and looked down. When I did this I felt a soft hand touch my face and make me look up.

   "Don't you ever hide your beautiful face especially from me. Understand?" She spoke with authority and her touch was one of command. This created butterflies in the pit of my stomachs. I nodded in understanding but then she grabbed my face with her hand a bit more firmly so I was looking her right in the eyes.

   "I need words princess." She said in a soft yet firm tone that made me shiver.

   "Y-yes, I um... I understand."

   "Good." She said as she removed her hand from my face. I felt the need to be in contact with her. I wanted... No I just met her she is just a person I meet and probably I will never see again. I then realized it was midnight I would have to go check into my hotel.

   "I umm got to go check into a hotel um bye." I told Avery and got up and walked out the bar as she just stared at me as I left.

   It was dark out and the stars looked pretty. As I was looking at them for a second before I started talking to my parents.

   "I hate living like this. Hopping hotel to hotel... I miss you guys I love you guys so much. I hope I can find someone that makes me complete like you guys were with each other. I will always remember your words mommy. Love happens in mysterious ways. I'll talk to you guys again later goodnight."

   I then started to notice how much all the drinks were affecting me as I wobbled down the street. I started to hear a car coming down the street. I didn't pay it any mind until it stopped on the sidewalk behind me. Someone then got out and came up running up behind me. I was about to run away when I bumped into a person. OMG yes. I'm saved I thought to myself. That's when I noticed I bumped into... Avery?

   "Avery..." I started to say but then I felt a sting in my neck and turned around to see who was behind me. Everything started turning black. I then fell into Avery's arms and she held me extremely close to her.

   "Shhhh. Everything is going to be alright. I'm going to take care of you, your going to be mine now. Everything is going to be alright princess. Shhhh." Avery spoke softly as I stared at her confused right before everything went black.