Chapter 15

Dax POV.

    I heard someone walking with light heavy paces on the second floor. That's when she came to the top of the stairs. I hid among the shadows of the kitchen's corridor on alert and ready. I watched her walk down the glass staircase intrigued by them. She seemed to be searching for something. Definitely no threat in her cute PJ's.

I saw Avery following the girl with caution. Our eyes locked for a quick second and with that I rushed to the door. Why would she be following her mate.

   "She isn't normal." I initiated by the front door.

   "Because she came out in Pajamas?" Alex chuckled.

   "No, she isn't a normal human. There's something different about her. My mate sensed her all the way from home. He literally told me to come back early and see the person rumored across the continent." I replied.

   "You know for being so young you sure are smart. What are you 18 now." She chuckled.

   "I mean you know who I'm mated with. That family is bred royalty. No offense." I said kindly.

   "None taken. They were always supposed to be the true leaders of this continent. I mean your in-law is the closest to the goddess herself but her grandmother and grandfather just couldn't focus on their duties to their people. She is rightfully the High Queen, once she married they were supposed to be the one to relieve my father. But terrible events happened and she decided to remain in the shadows with her husband. You know this house was built for them. My father was just best friends with her husband luckily and well trusted and respected so they asked him to step in. That's the only reason I'm here now, ultimately it's there decision and they control everything still it's just nobody knows. They have the biggest say."

   "I didn't know this was the house. I don't know, she is different though you have to sense it."

   "I have an idea, but it's crazy and I'm going to make sure it's possible later before I say anything."

   "Why are you trailing your mate anyways Ave? Don't you want to help her find whatever she's searching for what if she's hungry looking for the kitchen."

   "No I felt her wanting space she snuck out the room I just wanted to make sure she'd be okay, not everything is as it seems in this house." She whispered.

   "Where is the library." The girl mumbled. Avery gave me a sign to help and I politely obliged.

   "To the left is the kitchen and dining room. To the right is the stairs and one of the studies also straight ahead is a small table for small meals or tea that overlooks the pool and behind that you can see the garden, but under the staircase is a brown wooden door that I think you'll find useful. Oh and you're standing in the lounge area." I spoke and she let out a yelp and fell.

"I'm sorry Miss, I didn't mean to frighten you. We don't get new people here often and you're not a normal guest." I offered my hand to help she refused and got up herself.

"You're stubborn I like it. It's about time Avery gets a run for her money." I laughed lightly.

"So were you following me? Who are you?" She pondered.

"Maybe a little bit, but that's only because I thought you were an intruder. There has only been rumors about you and Avery sent most the staff away on a random holiday, but everyone is coming back in a couple days. I'm Dax, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss?"

"Oh I'm Alex." It was her turn to laugh.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss Alex." I kissed her hand gently.

"So you said you thought I was an intruder, why didn't you stop me."

"Well you see typically when people try to invade a home especially one like this they don't come in PJ's and with a look of a lost puppy."

"Okay okay fair enough." Her cheeks became rose colored.

"I was curious to see what you were doing or looking for though and that's why when you asked or more so whispered to yourself I figured I'd help you." I admitted.

"Well you did scare me for a hot second, but I appreciate your help. The brown door under the staircase?" She questioned.

"I had no intentions of scaring you, well maybe a little bit, but come on your face was priceless." I said with my flashy smile.

"Well Dax I appreciate your honesty."

"What's your job here?" She asked as she walked toward the suitcase.

"Do not tell her any key details. She is the lost key. Until my parents can make it down there keep her safe from harm Dax" His voice echoed through my brain sounding like liquid gold.

"Well I have many jobs, but I guess you could say I'm the high guard of the estate, but don't let that title fool you I'm also a great cook." I bumped her shoulder playfully.

"You're going to have to cook for me then and I will judge your culinary skills." She bumped me back playfully. I noticed the door changed.

"It's beautiful right." I could barely voice my words. The door was so beautiful. These designs have never been present before.

"It's beyond beautiful Dax."

"I hope you find what you're looking for Princess." I opened the door for me and smiled. Wanting her to say more.

Her eyes were so focused on what was inside that I quickly faded into the shadows. The shadows was my peace. I saw her whisper a thank you and turn toward where she last saw me. Realizing I wasn't there she left into the library the door closing softly behind her.

"The door." I spoke inside my head.

"What door babe." He replied.

"The library door."

"I'm lost. I don't understand what is so important about the library door. Tell me you didn't break it Dax."

"Oh that's funny coming from you Mr. Destructive pants! Last time I checked you broke the bed and the dresser or let's not forget about-"

"Okay okay I get it. But to be fair you just make me go crazy sometimes like mmmmm your so tempting all the time especially when your-"

"Yup this conversation is not happening when your across the whole continent and not here to finish what your gonna start."

"Okay babe, but what's important about a door."

"The door's design changed. There were flowers underneath a battle field. It was jaw dropping."

"My mother and father are on their way just to be safe. I need you to watch her with your life. She's important, especially if we want to survive what is coming." He spoke urgently.

"Don't you think we should inform Avery."

"No. She will figure it out. Mother and father will break the news when they arrive. They are traveling slowly and only at night to make sure no one follows them and so everyone thinks they are still in the estate. Let me now about anything else that happens with her. I love you."

"I love you."

Hmm maybe she will want some food when she comes out from finding whatever it is she is searching for.

How are you guys liking the story so far??? Any questions or comments! If so ask or state! Remember to vote and comment on the chapters you like so I know which ones you guys like best! Love all of you greatly.