Chapter 29

Alex Pov.

Avery's head has been up in the clouds since her so called panic attack. I think she is stressing about the change in environment. I feel myself becoming confident and sure of myself which I have rarely ever felt.

However, all the confidence in the world couldn't prepare me for this stress. After another day of observation followed by more tests and regulations. I've come to a conclusion. No one is worthy of their positions. I looked into the crowd of men. I looked over to the officials wearing heavy garments to stand out and be superior. In my human life, I wouldn't have ever thought about killing a fly and now I'm seeing war strategies and blueprints. I have knowledge that I never knew before come to me. It's like I'm becoming less and less human. I feel someone talking to me. Warning me.

"EVERYONE!! As of now you are all stripped of your rank." I yelled, looks of fear and murmurs of outrage filled my ears.

"Your highness, surely you would not be hasty with thi-" Simone, a high official spoke.

"If you do not wish to serve your country, you may go Simone." The crowd went silent and Simone cracked a smile and back away politely. "If you do not agree to these changes you may now out of your position in the army respectfully and without hinderance."

A few 27 people left. Most of them being trusted officials that Avery called the most loyal subjects. Funny how that works. I nodded as they left. I looked into the crowd.

"WE need to be UNITED. There is no room for greed in this army. The only influence is me. The only way is mine. If YOU cannot serve YOUR country to protect YOUR families you might as well give your spot to people who WILL."

Men and women looked at me. Admiration. Fear. And chaos. But one thing they all shared as we sat in silence. Respect. They respected me because I respected them.

"From now on, everyone participates in leader and non-leader roles. We rotate until I decide where you will fit best. Not every man is the best foot soldier, and not every foot soldier is worst strategist. We all have our strong points. We all have a place or maybe even multiple. You are all people of this country. I expect you to act like it." I spoke and looked at people who stared back at me. I was intimidated by now the silence protruding my ears.

All of a sudden one man in the middle of the crowd got on his knees. The rest followed and bowed their heads with the weapons upward. This feels like unity. This is what will save our home.

After more observations I split the army up into five parts. I haven't named them each yet but as traditional as I can be there creation is based off of the elements. We have air, water, earth, fire.... But then there is metal.

After they tone their within there group, there will be teams mixed with multiple people from different parts so we can all learn similar tools while also excelling in specialized areas making everyone more well rounded.

I returned to our room late. I saw Avery looking into the ceiling deeply. My human identity and values stripped away the more I see her. I just want to mark each other to bare each other on our bodies for all of eternity.

I read about our mating ritual. It is different for my bloodline. After mating, we visit a goddess or a god or both to help guide our decisions and challenge our love. We also get permanent tattoo that can appear anywhere and be anything.

I jumped on top of her. All I want is to give in to my desires and veer away from my fears of the unknown. My lips kiss hers. I start to grind on her body but she rolls over and whispers how she heard the stressful news and is really sad tonight.

My heart hurt, but I kissed her again saying okay. She cuddled me until my breathing evened. When she thought I was asleep I felt her let go of me and slip out of bed. What is going on with her?

Remember to like and vote guys ;) why is Avery acting weird ????