Chapter 38

Alex Pov.

  I woke up to my legs twitching, I attempted to rub them after our first round Avery and I last 23 more. Upon inspecting my legs, I saw a marking under the outside of my ankle. A tattoo of a moon and sun on my right foot and one on Avery's left.

  "Perfectly symmetric to each other." Her body sat up and she held me.

   I sighed in relaxation, but as I went back to sleep the door flung open. Dax walked in followed by the physician.

   "Okay, guys. Next time you want to do the nasty LET THE ROOM CLEAR," he cleared his throat and continued, "I mean seriously I didn't need to see you pounce onto each other like predator and prey..." he trailed off as the memory appeared to mortify him.

  Ezra shook her head, "Dax enough of the dramatics.  Avery would you like to speak here or in private about the diagnosis."

  "Anything you can say to me you can say to Alex," she responded nonchalantly which made my insides warm up.

   "Ok. First, you let strangers into your home. I met Alex's parents on my journey here and they have no idea she is alive and mourn her greatly. Two the drink you were offered was specifically to target your brain to make you susceptive to dark magic which is why as Alex grows stronger and you have become, for a lack of better words, a mad woman. Three, the person planning is works of Allie but she has friends helping to try to control you. This potion was made for you to question your bond with Alex, have you experienced any illusions where this girl may have made you feel like she was what you needed?"

  "Uh I don't know," she responds.

  At this point, my head snaps at her, "what do you mean YOU don't know? It's a yes or no." I felt jealous and angry.

  Ezra rephrased, "maybe this is a good time to ask what your illusions were exactly and I need the whole truth to be able to treat you correctly."

  Avery shuffled around and grabbed my hand. She was trying to comfort me before she even spoke. My emotions went everywhere.

  "It started out with the familiar smell. I felt crazy because no one else noticed. But then she would appear in front of me and tease me. I was confused and she was familiar. At one point, even though I wanted to pull away and not to do it my body gave in and we uh had sex." She slowly rambled.

  My face grew red from rage. The death grip I had on Avery's hand caught an intriguing eye from Ezra. Ezra hummed and touched my shoulder.

  "You need to call down. These emotions are intensified due to your new bond. However, Avery these illusions were not real and I promise you Alex no one touched Avery. Similarly, to how I tricked you to follow me out the room while remaining inside the room, a more deadly version has happened to Avery."

   "Great so her imagination cheated or dreamed of another girl and I'm not supposed to feel hurt or emotional. Way to gaslight me because Avery has it so bad right?!" I threw my arms up and Avery was silent.

   "You can feel hurt, but The drink Avery drank targeted her mind so somewhere there are evil people trying to control Avery's emotions so she can make wrong decisions. You guys weren't protected during this time since for whatever reason you didn't want to mate. Now that you have it should block everything out. Someone is trying to get the crown and I'm afraid since Avery is no longer susceptible to a love potion they will come by force."

   "Fine Avery. But if you ever keep something from me again so help your poor unfortunate soul." I shot her a murderous glare as she shrugged with her arms up.

  Dax began to talk, "well that leaves me to address the elephant in the room, the wizards had to have help from someone inside the estate to know who Alex was and use her parents identities to sneak through the guards."

   "Well hopefully, the corrupt person left when I stripped everyone of their rank and started new order" I stated proudly as Avery rubbed my back.

  "I don't think someone would leave so easy because of pesky matters of who has what rank. No, my gut tells me they are still her, so we need to be alert" Dax continued as we nodded in agreement.

   I turned to Avery, "baby I'm hungry, go make me food." Dax and Ezra's eyes widened and their mouths dropped open.

   "Okay, I'll have the maids-"

   "NOPE. You. You cook me food." I smiled innocently letting her know she still has a lot to make up for. Illusion or not I should've been made aware of what was happening maybe I could've helped sooner.

  Avery sarcastically smiled back and huffed as she walked out of the room. Finally, I stood up, who's ready to eat? Then I took Dax and Ezra by the arms and followed Avery into the kitchen.

   We have some Sassss coming from Alex, but what should Avery make for them? Like, comment, and vote mortals