Chapter 41

Avery Pov.

  Upon reaching the castle the guards were in shambles. Alex was calling for her trusted guard but he was no where insight. Alarms rang and the soldiers we gathered apparatus by the hundred.

  "WE MARCH TO THE CITIES. All woman and children go to the bunker. ALL HOODED figures, go to the cellar. If your unsure who your enemies and friends are splash the purple elixir Ezra made and they will tell you truthful answers for up to a minute" I yelled into the crowd.

   "Remember, you do not fight for us. You fight for yourself and your family."

  A loud echos of yes your majesties changed throughout the crowd. All squad-rants were accounted for except the one with Alex's personal guard and council. She raised an eyebrow at my suspicions and sighed.

  "I knew he wasn't smart enough to keep his allies far, but a part of me really wanted to be wrong" she cried into my shoulder for a second.

  "I know sweet girl."

   After two days making fast pace we finally reached a deserted city. My stomach churned. We were in a valley of death and destruction.

  "Search for survivors!" I ordered.

   Right on the dot, screams were heard and fleets of bodies rushed at us. We did not have the high ground and the faster they chargers down hill the less time we had.

    Arrows with fire were being shot from the other side of a hill, the seers were using their abilities to hide their vantage points. My heart filled with raged and I through my arms up in the air in agony as my calf was pierced.

  The ground started shaking as the soil rose up and up and up. Now we had a fighting chance as my power surprised the soldiers. Over our training Alex and I have connected with the elements, she has masters fire, water, and metals. While I have seemed to have a knack for nature.

  Our archers dismantled from their horses and we began attached and Avery set a fire ring around our perimeter to help prevent unwanted guests. Hours of fighting lead to a stand still of a couple more hours.

   The next wave of people swarmed up like a glitchy computer screen. Alex mind-linked me saying Ezra senses seers. Meaning half of these soldiers are illusions, ghosts, unable to do harm. However, harm wasn't our problem, it was focusing on the distractions that would lead to problems.

I picked up a swords one the ground and with every swing soldiers evaporated like smoke. "It takes more strength to swing and miss than it it takes to hit be careful" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Alex's effort in training these men has really paid off. The moment I thought of her was the moment I felt her. Blood and burned skin. A fatal wound I could feel except it was not inflicted onto me. I turned to look at her and saw Allie standing behind her with a silver knife.

I charged in her direction. Blood, not just any blood her blood. My vision became as sharp as glass. I will kill her with my bare hands.

She stood over her body with a venomous smirk, "so this is won your heart?"

"Don't speak of her" I replied monotoned.

"You would've been mine. This war never would have came if only you came to your senses" she screamed while smiling shrugging her shoulders as if blood was merely paint on a canvas.

"Are you suggesting the goddess made a mistake?" She My mouth was seething.

"No, I think the goddess we worship has turned her back on us. If she even still exists she only mates people for her amusement not who is perfect for each other."

"Alex is perfect for me. You were the parasite feeding my mind delusions and then you returned and attempted to bewitch me and ruin my mating experience to live as a shell of myself," I spat at her, "too bad even if you were successful I still would've chosen loneliness instead of one shared minute with you."

She swung the knife at me tripping over Alex's limp body. I lunged forward knocking her onto the ground. Snow started to fall. I bit her wrist and secreted venom. She pounced onto me scratching me with her hands. I fell to the floor in pain as a blade pierced my thigh. I watched as Alex's blood exfoliated the snowy environment she grabbed some and threw it in my direction sucking her fingers clean.

"Wow, her taste is intoxicating" Allie smirked.

That statement was the final straw. She stood over Alex's body ready to slice her limbs piece by piece. With all of my strength, I stumbled behind her and not her neck. Then proceeded to wrap my arms around her stretching her neck apart. Today was the day she died.

"Don't do it" Alex muttered as her eyes tried to open.

I couldn't stop. This person brought harm to my mate. My precious babygirl, and I would not let her live.

"Baby... don't do it" she grabbed her stomach and shrieked.

I let go of Allie and stumbled toward my mate. There was so much blood. I've never seen a vampire bleed so much in my life. Silver chains were put around Allie's body and the soldiers captured rogues who would await trail and judgement alone with the traitor.

"I NEED A PHYSICIAN" I yelled and Dax came over with Ezra.

In that moment, I didn't feel afraid. I didn't feel sad. I felt vengeful and prideful. Prideful because Alex is not lost, and vengeful for the pain these rogues inflicted onto her. There will be new laws in place and I will make everyone suffer ten times what Alex is.

Ezra and Dax raced to the infirmary. I helped our wounded men to distract myself. She will be okay was the only thought I could think of as we loaded up our prisoners of war.

How is it so far? Comments are always welcomed babies!!