Chapter 13

Alex Pov.
   Something is off. All night I could feel something in me. I slept great, but I feel like I'm missing a piece an Important piece of me. What could it be? I mean there isn't too much to me. I'm just an orphaned girl who happened to be mates to a vampire queen.

Yeah. I think I'm going crazy. How can I feel so normal about this idea. Or is it a fact? Vampires... vampire queen... mates... This all seems like some fantasy dream. I can't get the woman from my dream out of my head though. Something about her is familiar. The mans voice echoed through my ears I'd never hurt my daughter. I wish I had a father who said that about me. Maybe I did. Ha. That's doubtful my parents left me on a doorstep to a place that was equivalent to a rats nest. Well I guess it's not there fault they died when I was 5, I still remember my moms words love happens in mysterious ways. I miss them.

"Alex you need to relax or your brain will explode." Avery bluntly informed me with closed eyes.

I snuggled close to her wanting to feel comfort. I wonder if she has a library I could rummage through. I would love to learn about Avery's history and past. I mean how many other humans get to know about vampires or their history, not many. There has to be a library somewhere.

   I just need some space. I let out a small sigh and quietly got out of bed tip toeing to the door. As I opened the massive door slowly it squeaked I looked back at Avery and she seemed peacefully still. I shut the door careful to not to make a noise and then went to roam around the estate.

   Everything was huge and dark. There was dark wood floors with a red undertone that shine. So many doors with different designs and various colors lined the hall way until I got to a set of stairs. The stairs were glass with a silver railing spiraling down. This house was definitely a house for kings and queens. Well I guess Avery is queen. So that makes sense.

   "Where is the library." I whispered to myself walking around the foyer unsure of where to go.

   "To the left is the kitchen and dining room. To the right is the stairs and one of the studies also straight ahead is a small table for small meals or tea that overlooks the pool and behind that you can see the garden, but under the staircase is a brown wooden door that I think you'll find useful. Oh and you're standing in the lounge area." A mysterious voice spoke as I reached the couch.

   I looked towards the front door where I heard the voice coming from. The voice sounded a little bit deep and strong yet full of knowledge it was unlike anything I've ever heard. I grew scared when no one was there. I quickly turned around and bumped into a young man. I yelled and fell on the floor.

   "I'm sorry Miss, I didn't mean to frighten you. We don't get new people here often and you're not a normal guest." He spoke elegantly and offered me a strong hand. I refused and got  up myself he backed with his hands up showing he only meant to be polite, but understood I could get up on my own.

   "You're stubborn I like it. It's about time Avery gets a run for her money." He laughed.

   "So were you following me? Who are you?" I pondered.

   "Maybe a little bit, but that's only because I thought you were an intruder. There has only been rumors about you and Avery sent most the staff away on a random holiday, but everyone is coming back in a couple days. I'm Dax, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss?"

   "Oh I'm Alex." I laughed forgetting he had no idea who I was and he laughed with me.

   "Well it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss Alex." He took my hand and kissed the top of it gently.

   "So you said you thought I was an intruder, why didn't you stop me."

   "Well you see typically when people try to invade a home especially one like this they don't come in PJ's and with a look of a lost puppy." He chuckled softly.

   "Okay okay fair enough." I blushed in embarrassment.

   "I was curious to see what you were doing or looking for though and that's why when you asked or more so whispered to yourself I figured I'd help you." He admitted.

   "Well you did scare me for a hot second, but I appreciate your help. The brown door under the staircase?" I questioned.

   "I had no intentions of scaring you, well maybe a little bit, but come on your face was priceless." Dax smiled.

   "Well Dax I appreciate your honesty." I smiled back.

   "What's your job here?" I asked as I made my way to under the staircase.

   "Well I have many jobs, but I guess you could say I'm the high guard of the estate, but don't let that title fool you I'm also a great cook." He bumped my shoulder playfully.

   "You're going to have to cook for me then and I will judge your culinary skills." I bumped him back playfully. As we made our way to the door I realized the wooden door was huge with a dark black handle. The designs carved into the wood of flowers below a battle field was magnificent.

   "It's beautiful right." Dax whispered.

   "It's beyond beautiful Dax."

   "I hope you find what you're looking for Princess." He opened the door for me and smiled. There was something meaningful about the way he said princess and I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it's because I am technically a princess now.

   I whispered thank you as I gawked into the massive library but as I turned to the right he was no where to be found. Stupid vampires and their speed. I entered the library and closed the door wondering where I could start my search.

More chapters are coming out today! Remember to like, vote, and comment lovely humans😇 Thank you for all your support and interest in the book.