S2 Episode 10

"So, because of that. I hereby renounce my position as Student Council President. And transfer this responsibility over to whom I see as more than capable of watching over this school. Ayuzawa, Misaki." I exclaimed as the students clapped, while Misaki was getting walking up to the podium. Though they seemed to be wondering why the Vice President wasn't stepping up. There is a reason to that.

[3 days before]

"What?!? You're thinking of stepping down as President?!" Yukimura said with tears in his eyes.

"Ah.. Yes. I wanted to discuss it with all of you before hand. I have a lot to deal with already as I'm sure you all have heard the many rumors. It is only right for me to step down, that way the reputation we worked so hard to grow doesn't sink." I said as I stood in front of the council members.

"This is all a load of crap! You shouldn't quit just because of that!" Misaki exclaimed as she slammed a fist on her side of the meeting table, which startled everyone else.

"Yeah, we all know those rumors aren't true!" Said another council member named Tokusa.

"I understand you all think it's unfair. It'd be completely different if I were in a smaller position in the council. However I cannot stay as someone as high of a position as the Student Council President. Especially when most parents don't know that the rumors are not true." I said as I sighed in defeat. The rumors have been getting worse and worse, those you don't know me automatically assumed those things about me were true. "So since I'm going to step down. It's obviously Yukimura will take my pl—"

"No! That is so much work for me, a-and people already consider me a pushover! Besides, I don't feel right taking your position President! For me you will always be President!" Yukimura exclaimed as his hands intertwined seeming as if he was begging me to stay, but not really in a forceful manner.

I simply chuckled and walked over to Yukimura, who was sitting to the right of me, placing my hand over his head and softly stroking his head. A small blush would appear on his cheeks as I could hear him softly whisper 'president'. "It'll be okay Yukimura.  I really appreciate your words, but I already made up my mind."

Yukimura just looked up at me like a sad puppy as I spoke.

"Well.. Since Yukimura doesn't want to. Anyone else wants to volunteer?" I said as I looked up and everyone seemed like they didn't like this idea. We had indeed grown the school better together with what Tadashi had left us.

"I...I'll do it." Misaki said in a hesitant voice as she raised her hand. "Although.. It still enrages me that it has come down to this. I swear to you (Y/N) I will do everything in my power to ensure all of our hard work doesn't go to waste and we'll work hard to find that low life who dare made you quit in the first place."

"Yeah!!" Exclaimed everyone else in the student council.

"Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. I'll keep you to your word." I gave them a small smile.

[Back to Present Day]

"....And I will ensure that all of (L/N),(Y/N) hard work doesn't go in vein. Thank you." Misaki said as she bowed her head. Everyone in the audience clapped as she soon stepped off the podium and our Principal came up to it. Concluding the end of this assembly and everyone began to head back to their classrooms.

"So. That's it. I'm leaving the school in your hands. I'm sure you're more than capable of doing an amazing job." I said as I placed a hand on Misaki's shoulder.

"I got you girl. Don't even worry about it, you just focus on yourself. Whenever you want to come back into the student council we will welcome you with open arms." She said as she proceeded to hug me. "I know life sucks and it seems like you're stuck right now, but remember you're not alone... Not anymore. Okay?"

I stood there wide eyed at first, however after hearing Misaki's kind words I simply returned the hug. "Thank you.." I said in a monotone voice. Then Misaki left along with the rest of the student council. I stood there for a while longer till everyone was gone. Upset that I could no longer walk alongside them, at least for now.
I proceeded to look down at my hand and made a fist. The edge of my lips going upwards to form a smile.

'I will make sure to find that person soon. And make them pay!' I thought to myself as I went off to go about the rest of my school day, as your now average student here at Seika High School.

[End S2 Chapter 10]