Chapter 29

"Thank you all for coming to our special graduation ceremony. Let us begin." Tadashi said as he spoke out on stage.

It's been a week and today was Tadashi's graduation, just 2 days until summer break now too. They decided to let Tadashi do the president speech as his last final one as a Seika graduate. He spoke so clearly and confidently, I was kind of envious of how everyone thought he was cool. I wanna be like a cool president too. During the ceremony I sat in the front side row to be able to see him up the stage clearly. At the moment I was all alone, and all he did was glance over at me from time to time. I just smiled at him everytime he looked over at me.
Once the ceremony was over I waited by the entrance while everyone was starting to get out of the auditorium.

"Sheesh... I can't wait to graduate. Maybe I can be a successful being a CEO... Tch, I don't even know what I want to be anymore." I sighed as I looked over at the doors to see if Tadashi had walked out yet and as soon as I did, he just walked out. "Tadashi, over here"

"Oh (Y/N)! Here!" Tadashi took off two buttons from his jacket and handed them over to me.

"T-Two of them!? What if some girls come asking for some?"

"I want you to have two of them! A reminder that I really like you (Y/N)."

"You're too sweet." I placed the buttons inside my bag and bowed my head slightly at him "Thanks. I really do feel grateful to have had you in my life this school year!"

Suddenly Tadashi embraced me tightly, it had caught me by surprise. "You goof. You're acting like we'll stop talking to one another forever." He then pulled away from the hug. "You got my number. I'll always be there when you need me alright?"

"Alright" I gave him a smile and then he just wrapped an arm around me.

"Come on! Let's go eat! My family is going to go see my brother's graduation soon. I'm surprised he actually graduated. He always seemed to skip class..."

"Really? You better had scolded him when he snuck around here!"

"Of course I did! He decided to bother our President. No way would I let that slide."

I smiled and began walking up ahead. "Alrighty then! Let's go eat! You're buying" I said pointing at him and laughing.

"Wooow! Let the newly graduate pay for the food!" He laughed and I began to run as he followed right behind me.

We finally arrived at a family restaurant and sat down at a table near a window. As soon as we did waiter walked up to our table and gave us a menu. It didn't really take us long to decide what we wanted, we both decided on a cutlet with rice. Although I did ask for water and Tadashi asked for some orange soda. The waiter then left as soon as he took our order and we just began talking.

"So mean. Don't want to give me pointers on how to be a good president." I said as I puffed up my cheeks pouting. Tadashi just laughed at me.

"You're already a good President (Y/N)."

"But you were so much better than me! I just want to make Seika High amazing. So that girls are comfortable and the boys aren't as crazy as they once were." I sighed and then the waiter brought us our drinks and we thanked him.

"You're a strong person (Y/N), I'm sure you'll find your own way to lead the school." Tadashi smiled at me and I just smiled back.

I then looked out the window to see that Usui and that girl were across the street coming towards the restaurant. I looked down instantly and hid my face.

"What happened (Y/N)?" Tadashi looked at me all concerned.

"Those people are coming this way..." I nudged my head to the left to show him that Usui and the other blondie were coming towards the restaurant.

"Oh. That jerk. If you feel uncomfortable, we can tell the waiter if we can have it as take out" Tadashi said as he was about to stand up.

"I-It's fine. Let's not let them ruin our fun." I held him from the wrist and smiled. Tadashi just nodded at me smiling slightly.

Then we both looked towards the door to see that Usui had walked in with the girl I had seen him with. She seemed really hype and was dragging him towards a seating. Although they did basically go past us and as they did, Usui caught me and Tadashi together at the table just looking at them. The girl he was with was rather noisy. The worst part was that they took the table behind us.

"You sure, you're fine with this?" Tadashi said speaking in a low tone as he came close to me. I simply just sighed and shrugged.

"Oh Usui! You're so funny! I'm so glad I have you! You're such a hot boyfriend!" The girl said as she began to giggle. Usui just sarcastically laughed.

I just twitched a bit hearing those words. I was just about to stand up, but then Tadashi stood up and walked over to them.

"Can you not be loud. We're trying to have a peaceful date here. And your loud girlfriend is ruining it." Tadashi said as he glared at Usui. The girl just scoffed at his comment and turned to look at Usui.

"Oh really now? A date? You sure you're not forcing her to come eat with you. You better know your place." Usui said as he stood up, glaring back at Tadashi.

"Well I at least don't switch from girl to girl, whenever I feel like it. I stick to who I like. Maybe you whould learn how to do it."

"You son of a--" Usui then threw a punch at Tadashi and a fight ended up breaking out between them. The waiters came out rushing trying to seperate them. They both seemed fired up and I stood in front of Tadashi.

"Tadashi, please stop. I want to leave..." I said as I looked down and he just calmed down. As the waiters stopped grabbing him, he placed a hand on my head and began to stroke my head.

"Fine. Let's go." He said with a small smile on his face, he looked all bruised up. He then apologized to the staff, as soom as he was done he grabbed my hand and we left the restaurant. I looked back at Usui and the girl, they both looked extremely furious. Once we were finally at a distance from the restaurant, Tadashi slowed down his pace.

I just looked at him and sighed. "I'm sorry it had to end up like that..."

"It's not your fault. I just ended up hurting his pride. I provoked him for my own reasons. Maybe we can get something another time?"

"Of course! I would love that" I said as I looked up at him with a smile.

"Awesome! Come on. Let me take you home" Tadashi said as he smiled at me and began walking. I just followed beside him.

We finally arrived in front of my house. Soon we said our goodbyes and I got the mail and made my way into my house.

"I'm home." I said as I took off my shoes, after that I made my way to the living room and began to review the mail we had recieved. As I reviewed it I seperated the bills from other mail. Until I finally found the hospital bill. I took a deep breathe and opened it, skimming through it to see the price. As soon as I saw the price I felt my heart drop. "536,355 yen?! [Around 5,000 USD] I-I won't have enough.... and with the rest of the bills...."
I placed the bills inside my bag and began to head upstairs towards my room. I passed by my moms room and it seemed like she was peacefully. I finally entered my room, placing my bags down. "Maybe I can just get another part time job during summer break. That seems like the best solution.."

[END CHAPTER 29]