Chapter 7

A week already passed since the festival. It was finally exam time. This whole school week we've been taking exams.

I was taking English today, which was my final exam I had to take for the week. The room was completely quiet, I came early to homeroom as I wanted to review without worrying. The teacher gave out the test books and bubble sheet and just like that the test had begun. It took about an hour and a half; of the 2 1/2 hours they gave us; for me to finish my exam and hand it in to the teacher. I soon left the classroom and made my way to homeroom where I saw plenty of kids already waiting. We weren't yet dismissed as the teachers had an announcement to make after the test. Misaki came in with Sakura and Shizuko behind her.

"Hey (Y/N)" Misaki walked over to me all chill like.

"(Y/N)!!" Sakura came over and hugged me, smiling brightly.

"Hey (Y/N)." Shizuko waved over at me as she made her way towards me "Sakura, you're going to suffocate her if you keep this up"

"Oh! My bad!" Sakura and Me just looked at each other and giggled. "So (Y/N)! How do you think you did on the exams?"

"Hmm, honestly I feel pretty confident about this test. I studied every night this past month!"

"Well hopefully you'll get the top marks then (Y/N)! Along with Misaki here"

Me and Misaki just smiled at each other. Since we both always hung out, because of Council work. I considered us best friends already.
School was finally over, since it was a Friday and we had the day off work due to our exams. Misaki and I decided to go to the Kendo dojo. I had already ranked up easily, since I had practiced it as a child and as soon as I got back into it. All the moves just returned back into my memory.

"I had almost forgotten how tough kendo lessons can be" I said as I opened a bottle of water and began to drink from it.

"Hah, you got the hang of it pretty quickly though!"

"Well it's like as if you haven't rid a bike for a while, but you know how to. As soon as you get the hang of it, you're basically a natural" I laughed along with Misaki. I felt really close to Misaki and the rest of the girls.

Suddenly Misaki's phone beeped, she checked it, it seems like a message "Oh! Sakura just invited us over for a sleepover tomorrow!"

"A-A sleepover?!"

"Yeah?" Misaki looked at me confused of as to why I had stuttered "Is that a problem? I can tell Sakura you don't want to go"

"No, it's just.. Well... I've never exactly been to a sleep over before..." I looked down to my feet since this was really the first ever sleepover I had ever been invited too.

"Really?! I'll let Sakura know and we'll make it the best first sleepover you will ever have"
    We both looked at each other and smiled as we both separated paths on our way home.

'My first ever sleepover...' I smiled ever so slightly as I continued to walk home. Suddenly I got pulled by a random person who ended up covering my mouth as well. I muffled and was able to fight back and flip them over like I learned today at Kendo class. As soon as the person's face was visible by the light I looked at them in shock. "P-President?!"

    I was sitting at my house kitchen table with the President sitting right across from me, holding an ice pack on his head. I was filled with guilt.

"I am so sorry President! It's just that you startled me and I-"

"It's alright, I shouldn't have approached you like that. I should've just waited until school got back, but It was important. We found out who the theft was. He will be suspended due to stealing money from the school. And also. I'm stepping down as Student Council President starting this spring"

"What why?! You still have until the end of the school year"

"Yes, I am well aware. But since I'm graduating this year, the school won't be accustomed to a different president and Vice President by then. And there are already a couple of freshmen that are capable of this job"

"What are you trying to say exactly? Misaki?"

"You, (Y/N). I want you to run for the next Student Body President."

    I was left speechless, I didn't give him a direct answer just yet. Since it was getting later he decided to leave and I was left up in my room laying on my bed ready to sleep. 'Student Body President...Me? Am I even capable? I mean, clearly I am or else the president wouldn't have come out of his way to personally tell me this... I'll have to think about it more' I was lost deep in my own thoughts and I ended up falling asleep due to it.

[END CHAPTER 7]