Chapter 3

As I was walking home I heard my phone ring. I took out my phone from my pockets, It was my mom! I answered.

"Hey (Y/N) honey, Can you pass by the market to get me some ingredients, please? I thought we had some, but clearly we didn't." My mom sounded so upset about it, I just smiled over the phone.

"Sure!"

"Thank you so much sweetie. I'll text you the ingredients I need!"

"No problem ma, See you at home." I hung up the phone and soon after I got a text with ingredients to make curry. 'I can already taste it! Mom makes the best curry' I smiled making a detour to a remotely small market area. As I was walking to a market I saw a sign in front of a café.

"Help Wanted... Hmm, should I? I mean... with my dad gone me and my mom will struggle financially at one point. Alright I'll go ask, It wouldn't hurt to do so" I proceeded to walk into the Café, It was so bright and colourful. I saw so many girls dressed up as maids, calling people masters and mistress.

'I thought this was a regular café! But no, it's a maid café!' My eyes lit up in wonder, I never thought I'd ever see a Maid Café before.

"Welcome, Mistress" I turned to see a female bowing at me, she had long green hair that was tied up in a ponytail, her eyes were also a greenish colour with glasses right above them.

"Oh h-hi! I was wondering about the Help Wanted sign out front? Are you guys still hiring?"

"Oh! Let me bring the Manager here. In the meantime please do take a seat Mistress"

"Thank you so much, What is your name?" I curiously asked the female directly.

"My name is Subaru. I'll go bring the manager now" she said with such a calm smile and left to go to the back of the café. I just looked around in amazement and disappointment. Seeing families also here upsetted me, but also brought me joy in seeing that there are others enjoying each others company.

"Hello!" Suddenly someone remotely small came to my table, she had short brown hair with purplish eyes. "I'm the manager! My name is Hyodo, Satsuki" she extended her hand out to me, which I did the same and we shook hands.

"Hello Manager! My name is (L/N), (Y/N). I'm here to apply for the job" I smiled at her confidently.

"Oh yes, of course! What times are you available? And how old are you?" She looked at me all curiously wanting to know really badly

"Heh, I'm still a high school student! So I was looking for a sort of Part-Time work. Also I'm 16!" I smiled brightly towards her

"You are such a beauty at 16!" She was twirling around and all of a sudden I see flowers coming around her. I have never seen someone so energetic, it made me chuckle. "Phew, alrighty! Well we are looking for part-timers right now! We would love to have you work here with us! You will just need you to fill out this application here! And get permission from your parent or guardian!" She handed me a application paper, I looked over at it. Pretty basic job application questions.

"Alrighty, I'll bring this tomorrow, is that alright?" I looked up at the manager, who was standing there smiling.

"Of course dear! Just don't forget" she placed a hand on her cheek still smiling

"Thank you so much. I look forward to your response" I stood up from my chair bowing my head at her. Then headed out as soon as we said our goodbyes.

I put my application away in my book bag so I wouldn't lose it. And made my way to the grocery store and brought the ingredients my mom told me too and immediately headed home as it was getting darker.
Nearing my house I see my mother waiting for me out in the front and I ran up to her. She hugged me and we walked inside our house.

"What took you so long (Y/N)? I was getting worried" My mother said as she started to make the curry.

"Oh, um... well I passed by a café! They were looking for a worker so I asked.. They said I just had to fill out the application and get your permission and they'll get back to me" I took out the application form and showed it too my mother.

"But why?? We don't need you working honey!" My mothers voice sounded so against the idea of me working.

"But ma, don't you see how bad this is? We can't always rely on grandpa's money..." I looked at her all concerned "And even so ma, this house is so unstable! I feel like the floor boards will collapse at any moment"

"Sigh... Alright fine. Only because you do have a point." She then served us the steaming hot curry which proceeded in her putting the plates on the table. "I'll sign it for you. Just please, if you come home late, be careful. And that you will still continue to work hard on your studies."

"Of course mom, I will! You know I always excelled in my studies." I smiled happily, as we started to eat our food.

Time passed and it was already dark, I showered again today. Since I got dirty from being pushed to the floor. I look out at my porch then suddenly a magical creature came and I became a magical girl!

"(Y/N), Time for the lights out" my mom said as she knocked on my door which brought me back to reality.

'Damnit, I ain't no magical girl hehe. I can only imagine it' I left my porch door opened to let the cool breeze in as I went to go turn off the lights to my room. I soon laid down on my bed yawning. "Today was such a fun day... I hope it can remain the same..." I dozed off into a deep slumber with a smile on my face. Dreaming about them sexy anime boys.

[END CHAPTER 3]