5 - Bree

"Anyone who is interested in this year's annual Eiffel Tower Music Festival Summer Camp Program, please join us in the theater today at lunch. Anyone who is interested in this year's annual Eiffel Tower Music Festival Summer Camp Program, please join us in the theater today at lunch. Thank you."

The morning announcements were booming throughout the school this morning as usual, but I hadn't really been paying attention to them until now. More information about the ETMFSCP (yes, that's what I'm calling it now) at lunch? Ha, I was definitely going. Besides, other than the new info I would get about the program that I was absolutely stoked about, I could have a chance to sort of gauge who else was interested in auditioning. Besides Arielle and Flynn.

For some reason, Flynn's name was now kind of engraved in my mind. He was so . . . cool in a way, and I never thought that about someone unless I really meant it. Sure, he seemed pretty cold and straight-faced (his iceberg eyes really told that story, too), but I really connected with it. After all, wasn't I more or less like that, too? It had been an interesting experience talking to him, even though we hadn't said much. I was looking forward to talking to him more in the future, especially if we both got accepted into the program.

Um . . . the most romantic city in the world coupled with a guy I think I might like . . .

Okay, whatever. I didn't have time to think about any of that lovey-dovey stuff right now. But still, I was pretty excited about the fact that there was a possibility of meeting him again today at lunch, even if he thought I was another one of those annoying, airheaded popular girls. Except I wasn't popular, which I didn't care about at all.

Just then, the homeroom bell rang, and it was time to head to Science class. 

"Hey, Breanne, could I talk to you for a sec?" Mr. Henry, the Science teacher, said as soon as I walked into the lab.

I turned and made my way over to him. "Hey, Mr. Henry, sure. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Mr. Parker wants to talk to you about something music-related, so why don't you see what it is?" Mr. Henry said, gesturing to the school music director standing in the other side of the room.

"Sure, okay," I said, then made my way over to Mr. Parker. He was one of my favorite teachers, especially because he was the music director and was really nice to me.

"Hey, Mr. Parker. Did something go wrong again?" I said teasingly.

He chuckled. "Oh, no, Bree. I was just wondering if you can help the Blackthorn String Quartet organize a performance they're doing a few weeks from now? Again? Except this time, you'll have a chance to play a piano piece, and they'll accompany you."

"Oh, that sounds great, Mr. Parker. Sure, of course I can help the quartet. I was actually planning on auditioning for the Eiffel Tower Music Festival that's happening this summer, so participating in this program will probably be good practice for me," I said, smiling. Why was I suddenly so eager about helping the Blackthorn String Quartet? I hadn't felt like this about helping with their performance back in October.

"Wonderful," Mr. Parker grinned. "Well, the first practice isn't until a few days from now, so it's no rush, but I would like you to start helping with preparing for the performance today during your Science class. What we're going to be doing is, you're going to be looking at one of the pieces the quartet's doing, and you'll give some feedback to the boys so they can improve their performance."

"That sounds good," I replied. "So . . . I get to miss Science class?"

He chuckled again. "For today, yes. Thanks for helping again, Bree."