30 - Claude (Part 1)

~ One Day Ago ~

"Okay, guys, let's get out of this concert. I mean, the music's great and all, but it's getting too crazy here, even for me," Ivy decided. "We'll be getting a text from Bree soon about the hospital."

My heart was pounding faster than it had ever before, and my face was panicked and hot. Is Flynn all right? What if his leg is, like, permanently damaged? This is all our fault. I thought, my mind racing. I kept clenching and unclenching my hands.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Arielle declared. She looked around for an opening where we could escape through. "There! Everyone, come on!"

All of us ducked, put our hands over our heads, and rushed through the crowd in the opposite direction.

I stopped to catch my breath when we finally made it out.

"Where should we go to wait?" Arielle asked.

"I see a Starbucks over there," Ivy said, pointing across the street.

"It's getting really dark," Bob said, looking up. There was an air of anxiety around him that I hadn't felt before.

I guess Flynn's accident has kind of shattered Bob, too, I thought.

"Wait." Ivy's voice was suddenly right beside me. She put her hand on my arm. I looked over at her, surprised. "Did you leave your hoodie back in the crowd?"

I looked down and saw that I was only wearing my white t-shirt, which I had worn under my blue hoodie when we had left the hotel for the concert. I had tucked it under Flynn's head to keep the ground soft before the paramedics had arrived, but I guessed I had forgotten to pick it back up before leaving the crowd. Oops.

"Oh, yeah. I must have left it back on the ground. It's okay; it must already be trampled on and ruined by now, anyway," I said, smiling ruefully at Ivy.

She patted me on the arm, and we joined Arielle and Bob, who were already reaching the street so we could cross over to Starbucks.

I shivered when we stepped into the building. It was a lot warmer inside, and I hadn't realized until now how chilly it had been outside. We took a seat at a large table, and Ivy ordered and paid for all of our drinks, which we were grateful for. Her Elsa-like blonde hair had partly fallen out of her braid during all the commotion, but I didn't think she cared, or noticed.

"What time is it, Arielle?" I asked.

She turned on her phone. "It's 8:38. Bree, Flynn, and Archer must be close to the hospital by now." She furrowed her brow.

"Should a broken leg be bleeding that much, though?" Bob said suddenly. Arielle and I blinked at him.

"Maybe it completely snapped, and part of the bone jutted out, cutting his skin," Ivy answered, approaching us with our drinks in hand.

Arielle's hand covered her mouth. "What?! That's so horrible!"

"That could be possible," I agreed worriedly. "He clearly couldn't move his leg, though, so it's definitely at least fractured."

"Just how heavy was that dude to be enough to break someone's leg?" Ivy muttered.

"I can't believe he just ran away, though," Arielle said, rolling her eyes.

"Honestly, I would do that if it were me," Bob offered gruffly. Ivy shot him a nasty look.

"Flynn will probably go to the Emergency Room first, right?" I said.