19 - Arielle

"We'll see about it," Bree concluded, sighing resignedly. I had tried to persuade Bree, Flynn, and Claude into going to the Spring/Summer School Dance, and Bree had half relented, Flynn still wasn't up for it, and Claude was thinking about it. Ugh. I hated how stubborn they were - why couldn't they just go to a school dance and have fun, even just with their friends?

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "Well, I guess I'll see you guys around soon? I just realized that I have to head to my flute lesson soon."

"Sure," Bree said. "Thanks again, everyone. At least we won't have anything to worry about for now."

"Thanks, Bree. Bye, guys!" Claude said, heading out the door.

"Bye!" Bree waved, and headed out the door as well.

I looked at Flynn. "Well, see you around, Flynn," I said, shrugging and smiling. "Oh, and by the way? Make sure to ask Bree to the dance. I don't really think she'll say no."

I winked and headed out the door as well. Ah, I loved Flynn's perplexed face right now. It was so priceless, especially on him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ A Few Weeks Later ~

"Hey, Bree, so are you going to the Spring/Summer School Dance on Friday?" I asked, approaching her locker. Bree was busy organizing it, and I was curious if Flynn had listened to my advice and made sure to ask Bree to the dance, whether it was awkward or not.

"Huh? Oh, hey, Arielle. No, I don't think so. There wouldn't be much to do there, anyway, especially since dancing's not my type of thing," Bree said. So I guessed Flynn hadn't asked her - yet.

"Come ON, Bree. Let's go together! And forget the boys," I said, winking. Bree laughed.

"I think that's a good idea," Bree nodded. "But don't expect me to dress up or anything. You'd be surprised at my horrible taste of clothing for special events."

"I don't think I'll be, since I know you well enough now," I replied, grinning. "So . . . did you ever think of asking Flynn to go with you? Or us, I mean? It's not supposed to be awkward, and it's no big deal."

"Well, maybe I did think about it, but I don't want to pressure him into doing anything he doesn't want to do," Bree said, wiping her hands on her dress shirt and turning to face me. "I mean, not that I really care a whole lot about his little feelings. But from what I remember, he was pretty unrelenting the last time we talked about the dance."

"Yeah, but that's just because he's stubborn," I rolled my eyes. That Flynn. He was such a pain. Just kidding. "I'm sure if you asked him yourself, he would go."

"Arielle, I've been meaning to ask you something," Bree mentioned. "Have you been, er . . . suspicious of me and Flynn lately? Because you keep talking to us like something's going on."

"Well, to tell the truth, I am suspicious of you and Flynn. Don't you realize it yourself?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Realize . . . what?" Bree said, looking confused. So she really didn't know what was going on between her and Flynn.