Vampire's mate

Win's head snapped up and and around as he searched for the source of the sudden warmth in his chest. There were so many people in the swiming club. It was the first day of selections, many students had even come to watch.

As his eyes scanned the crowd they finally landed on a human boy standing among the potential new members, doing his stretches and getting ready to enter the pool. Every cell in Win's body screamed a single word Mate.

Win was a vampire, unlike the myths they were not immortal creatures, an average vampire had a lifespan of 300 years at max. Every vampire had their destined mate, someone who was meant to be with them for the rest of their lives. A vampire's mate was the most important thing to them besides feeding of corce. Unlike werewolves they didn't feel a spark with their mate instead they were filled with comforting warmth.

Win found himself staring at the dark haired boy who was now looking around as if finding someone. He knew he felt it too. Though he might not understand what the feeling was for now Win knew the boy could feel his presence nearby.

*****

Team closed his locker after stuffing his swim bag inside. He had been selected in the swim team a week ago. Team was one of the last members to leave, because he was the fastest among the freshmen and the president of the club (Dean) had made him practice more in order to improve his skills.

Team jumped when he felt an arm go over his shoulder and neck from behind, another one circling his waist. He froze when he felt heated breath on his neck.
"Aren't you adorable?" An unknown voice whispered into his ear. As if breaking out from a spell Team pushed the person back and moved away.

"Oi P'Pah whar are you doin?" Team asked as he saw the senior standing behind him. He was also a swimmer but he and Team hadn't talked before. From what he had heard Pah was a good swimmer but had a really short temper.

"I'm going to be straight up nong Team, you caught my attention from the first day..... Will you be my boyfriend?"

Team was startled by the sudden question. He didn't even know the guy!!
"Phi is this some sort of prank?" He laughed looking around for hidden cameras "okay you got me. Where's the camera?"

"It's not a prank team. I'm serious" Pah said getting irritated.

Team still refused to believe him. "It's a dare isn't is? Who put you up to this? Is it Hia Win?"

The vice president and him had grown surprisingly close over the past week. Team didn't know why but he felt really comfortable and calm around the senior even after the relentless flirting and teasing from Win. They had started hanging out together more, because Pharm and Dean were "friends" and would see each other several times a day, they even lived in the same dormitory! Just on different floors.

"Its not a prank Team. I'm really asking you out." Pha repeated

"Sure phi. I'm not falling for it. We hardly know each other! It's obviously a pra-" His words were cut with a loud, painful bang as Pha held Team and pushed him, causing him to slam against the lockers. Team let out a small pained groan.

Pha leaned in closer, still holding Team and whispered harshly to his face "Your luckey I'm asking you ou-"

Before he could complete the sentence however, Pah was shoved hard, causing him to fall. "Don't touch him" Win growled, glaring down at Pah. He was holding Team close to him with one arm around the youngers waist.

"Win! What are you doing? I was just talking to hi-" Pah stopped speaking when Wins eyes glowed red. As if under a spell Pah immediately fainted. Team didn't say anything as Win picked Pah in one hand and guided Team out with the other.