Big Wild Cats

Boun was afraid of large animals.

Like really afraid.

He was fine with them from afar but as soon as they came closer it was a BIG NO NO. It's not like he had any bad experiences with them or anything....

Boun was just......hyper aware of how powerful they could be. And had absolutely no intentions of testing their strength out for himself.

Knowing this, what better gift could the universe give him than a soulmate who worked as a wildlife biologist?!!
And like that wasn't enough, specialised with wild cats.... Big wild cats.

Prem, spent most of his days in the sanctuary, he had been given a residence there as a part of his job. Since they had found each other, the couple had gone to outside dates and hangouts but had also spent a notable amout of time in the sanctuary.

He would show Boun the other animals there, the smaller ones, birds, lizards, snakes, monkeys, squirrels and even otters. Prem knew his mate was scared of larger mammals, thus avoided taking Boun to those area's. At times he really wanted for Boun to see them, but the man was reluctant to go anywhere near those zones.

The most Boun had seen was several pictures, videos and even a far off glimpse of Java, an Indonesian leopard Prem had been taking care of since she was a cub. Java had lost her Mother to poachers ,who had been caught too late, and her sibling had died of starvation. When they had found her they didn't think she would live. But the cub survived.

Prem had cared for her since day 1 and she was now almost a fully grown adult who would have to be rehabilitated back into the wild. Boun could see the love his mate had every time he spoke of her.

And so Boun kept asking about different animals, kept visiting the sanctury and Prem's home for dates. He couldn't help but stare when Prem spoke about them, the way his face brightened and eyes sparkled, it literally felt like the man was illuminating.

Boun adored how passionate Prem would get. Adored how gentle yet fierce he could be. Loved how knowledgeable he was. Swooned over the way he would unconsciously squeeze Boun's hand and drag him around. Melted whenever he would wake up next to Prem on those occasional mornings. Overall....... Boun was whipped.

Today, he had come to the sanctury again. By now all the workers and gaurds of the area knew who he was and were familiar with him, so they let him in without question.

Boun sent a text saying he had reached and was heading to him as he walked towords the monkey zones. The younger had informed him earlier on of where he might be when Boun arrived and had given him the option of either visiting him there or staying in the cabin till he was done.

The elder had finished majority of the work in the resorts and, after a lot of begging and bribing, had given the rest to his brother, so he could spend 3 full days with Prem.

As he walked further and further, he could hear the monkey's screaming and howling get louder and louder. That was odd, they usually didn't make this much noise. As he got closer to his destination, Boun spotted Prem a little distance away. He was clearly doing something, though Boun couldn't clearly figure out what, to him it looked as if he was screaming for the monkeys to shut up. The thought made him chuckle.

A sudden chorus of howls from behind made him stop and stare up at the trees.

Seriously, what was with them today?

The monkeys seemed to be looking at the opposite direction and screaming. Boun turned and was immediately greeted with a small, spread-out tribe of monkeys running on the path. They jumped and leaped on their fours, not sparing him much of a glance as they hopped in the direction Boun had been heading to.