Phone home

How will we be remembered? Will it be for saving the world twice? Nope, we're the team who broke time. That's right, history has been torn to shreds which means, it's up to us to put it back together piece by piece. Fixing these so called anachronisms before we get torn to shreds. So please, don't call us heroes, We're Legends.

___

"What makes a hero? Is it power? Strength? Bravery? No. A hero is forged by his or her relationships, out bonds of brotherhood or sisterhood. That is why I'm taking you all through the 10 step team building process I perfected at Palmer tech. Step one, part one, ice breakers" Ray announced loudly. "Dude we've been stuck on a ship that has one bathroom, I think we know each other well enough" Jax scoffed

"And your timing couldn't be worse, given that we are being chased by a water welding assassin and the time bureau" The professor stressed.

Ray continues as though he didn't hear Jax and the professor "We need to grow as a team, first up is 'two truths and a lie'. It's gonna be fun"

"Lie" Mick chimes in as he takes a swig of his beer. "I haven't started yet- look, I know you guys probably think this is lame-" "Truth" Sara said, promting Nyssa to smack the back of her head.

"But we have a new crew member and it is important for zari to bond with us, not only as team members but as individuals" Ray continues. "Yeah, well, I'm no hero and I'm not a member of any team. Besides I have you all figured out" Zari said,

"The old guy wants to be anywhere but on this ship" She looks at the professor, "these two have some will-they-wont-they thing going on" She gestures at Amaya and Nate. "Rory's been drunk since breakfast, Jax is wondering if I'm single, the cat is kinda creepy, the captain is lowkey whipped for the scary woman, and your ship is still mad at me for doing a teeny hack on her subsystems. Now, what's this about one bathroom?"

*Meow!* hey! I'm not creepy. I rumbled and slinked over to my bed, ignoring the chattering humans and opting for a much needed nap.

_____

"C'mon Tam tam, wake up. We gotta save ray from dying" Sara chirped as she picks me up. *mreow* I grumbled and burrowed into her arms.
.
.
.
"Guys here I come- I mean, little me's coming at you. Catch up with me on Main Street? And um... Keep me alive" I heard ray's voice through the comms. "Got eyes on, ready to make a move" Jax said as he follows young Ray. "Looks like you're taking a detour, did you frequent the ivy town newsstand as a boy?" The professor observes over his news paper. "Yeah, I must be picking up the new issue of scientific American" "I was more of a National Geographic boy myself"

"Once a geek always a geek" Mick quips. "Well, whoever is after me could be there so.. " Ray said. "Yeah we'll stick on him" Jax reassured him.

I tuned out the rest of their conversation and continued my patrol over the neighborhood, Jumping into the car Amaya, Nyssa, and Sara was on as they pulled up in front on Ray and Nate.

"We circled the neighborhood, checked the yard, nothing out of the ordinary" Nyssa informed them, "everything seems normal" Amaya said, "Scary normal, maybe young ray died of boredom" Sara continued. "Yeah, My shadows didn't pick um anything either" I piped in.

"No something's up, something is wrong. Okay, maybe it's the candy, maybe I overdosed on high fructose corn syrup and food colouring-" "Or maybe your killer aborted when we showed up, let's get back to the ship and check the historical record" Sara cut him off.

"Give me a minute" Ray said as he follows his younger self. "I'm talking to someone in my room" He informs us "Guys, I think I know what kills me"