Amazing grace

"All right, kids, it's anachronism o'clock. What you got?" Sara asked. *Meow* I pawed at one of the anachronism on the screen, "Giant mammoth in 1973, interesting, Or how about this one? It's a category two during the Belle Epoque in Paris. Sounds romantic" Amaya smirked, leaning against Nate. "Hmm. Or, um, this category three, which is the launch of the Spirit of St. Louis. I always wanted to join the mile-high club" Nate tilted his head. Sara rolled her eyes, she let go Nyssa's waist before moving closer to them. "Hey, really cute that you guys are crazy in love, but date night is going to have to wait. If these anachronisms are loosening Mallus' cage, we need to double down"

I rolled my eyes, *Meow* You and Nyssa aren't much different either Sara. "What happened to your hair?" Sara asked, "What are you talking about? What?" Nate looked around in confusion. Nyssa handed him a mirror to let him see for himself. "What is it? What happened to my trademark volume and sheen?" He frowned. "Who changed my rat's name?" Mick growled, "Yo, who switched my game?" Zari waved around her game with the title 'Trombone hero'

"Gideon?" Everyone said at the same time, "A scan of the timeline reveals a change in Memphis, Tennessee, 1954" Gideon answered. "Oh, says here Memphis became a ghost town after a mysterious bout of mass hysteria in July, 1954" Ray reads, "That's what caused the changes. Memphis is the birthplace of rock and roll. If rock never makes it out of Memphis, then none of these things exist. Your pet rat's namesake, electric guitar" Nate explained. "Your hair gel" Wally points out, "It's not hair gel, Wally. It's Royal Crown pomade. It's the same product used by..." "Elvis Presley" Sara cuts him off. "See, she knows what I'm talking about" Nate mumbles.

"No, dodo. Look. 'While the population fled in hysterics, one person was left standing in the aftermath, a local teen named Elvis Presley'" Sara reads out the news paper. "Don't tell me they messed with the King" Nate sighed. "Whatever he saw drove him crazy. He was taken to the Bolivar State Hospital. Treated for insanity" Ray said.

"If Memphis is abandoned in '54, then rock doesn't hit the mainstream, which means there's no Howlin' Ray, no Little Richard..." Nate lists, "The Elvis sandwich... Peanut butter and banana fried in greasy bacon fat. The man was a visionary" Mick continued. We all looked at him confused.

"But if this did not show up on the anachronism map, then..." Nyssa trailed off, "Darhks. The only people evil enough to wanna kill rock and roll. Oh, and I bet you that sick bastard likes ska" Nate narrows his eyes. "All right, let's go check this out. We need to find Elvis before panic sets in" Sara said.

"Elvis Presley's uncle preached at the Church of Zion every Sunday. The boy never missed a service" Gideon informed us. "You heard the lady" Sara said, "What?" She asked when none of us moved and was staring right at her "Why are you staring at me?"

"I dunno, waiting for you to do, the thing you do" Nate said, "What thing?" Sara frowned, "You know, you usually send us into the field with a little more pizzazz" Ray waves his hands. She rolled her eyes "All right, Legends, put on your Sunday best, because we are going to church!" She said, sending us off with the pizzazz Ray mentioned.

______
The legends dressed in local fashion in order to fit in, standing in the very back row of the church. "Well, this is uncomfortable, and I'm not just talking about my dress" Zari said, "Yeah, I guess these people didn't get the whole "love thy neighbor" talk" Wally quipped. "Shh!" An old lady shushed us aggressively. "Shush yourself, lady. Have you heard your singing voice?" Sara hissed, Nyssa chuckled "Calm down beloved"

"Just keep Mick away from the collection tray. And the communion wafers" Ray whispered. "There's a sickness coming over this town. I see it in the school yard as I pass in the morning. And to my horror, I see it in this very church on Sundays. It infects the mind. It drives people crazy" The preacher said, "Maybe the righteous reverend is on to something" Sara whispered. "They call it rock and roll. I call it the devil's music" The preacher continued.