The Eggplant, the witch and the wardrobe

"Come on, Ava, open up" Sara pleads as she knocks on Ava's door. "Ya hayati we simply want to talk" Nyssa continued.

"Look, we- we miss you. And I'm sorry things went down the way they did, but please just open the door" Sara continued to plead.

"Well, technically this is still our apartment" She sighed and opened the apartment door, i recoiled at the pungent smell of spoiled milk and food that overwhelmed my senses. "Something is definitely wrong" I meow in worry, covering my snout. I looked around to see the apartement trashed, furnitures tipped and mirrors shattered .

"Ava" Nyssa gasped as she and Sara rushed to search the apartment for any sign of Ava. "She's not here, I don't smell her anywhere" I meowed out. "Let's go back to the waverider for now, We have to find Ava" Sara signed.

___________

"Sara! Nyssa! Great news. Hank was killed by a demon" Ray greets us as we enter the parlour.

"Great was not the word he was looking for" Nora quickly said. "Poor Nate" Zari said somberly.

"Look, Ava is missing" Sara sighed, "Missing?" Nora asked.
"We- we should have checked on her sooner-" Sara said, stuttering.
"It's Neron. He has his sights set on the Time Bureau and the creatures, and if he got to Hank, then dingdongs to donuts, Ava was next" John cuts her off.

"Hey, she is not dead" Sara glared at the warlock. "Listen, when Neron was out the Bureau, he and I shared a connection. If you can take me to Ava's place, I might be able to know where he took her" Nora said.

"Demons communicate, he'll know your past, how susceptible you are. You're a liability" John said.

"She's not a liability. She's a survivor. Unlike you, she's turned her dark experiences into a source of strength, not an excuse for alcoholism or chain smoking. She also saved your life" Ray frowned "Sorry. Would you like to add anything?" Ray asked Nora, "No, that about covers it" Nora shrugged.

"I don't care if she's a liability. If Neron has Ava, then I need all the magical firepower that we've got. Tama, stay on the ship, You two, come with us. " Sara huffs as she and nyssa leave the parlour, but not before leaving Zari in charge of the ship.

______

"Gideon! Prepare the Lab!" Sara shouts as Nyssa came into the ship with an unconscious Ava in her arms.

"What did he do to her?" Nyssa hissed as she laid Ava down on the bed gently. "He's preparing her. Neron must be looking for a new vessel. It only makes sense going after Ava, especially if he wants control over the Time Bureau" Answered John.

I sat down next to them before speaking up, "when a demon possesses someone, the body has to be willing, and if it's not, the demon has to force his way in by sending the soul to purgatory"

"That's where the real fight begins" John nods. "How do we save her?" Sara asked, worry visible on her face.

"Some souls go up and some go down. But if she's been there as long as she has, then she's not coming back, Sara" John said. "I'm not giving up on her, John. You're going to send us to purgatory to get her" Sara glared.

"If I send you down there with her, there's nothing that I can do to protect you" John said. "We'll take our chances" Nyssa insisted.

"This isn't something you can just fight your way through, love" John hissed.

"John, please!" Sara snapped. "Fine, Lay down. Our purgatory is designed to drive the soul to breaking point. It's tailored to drive the captive mad. Now where you're going, that's Ava's personal nightmare" John pulls out a bag of ash and creates a circle around them. "Here" Tossing the bag my way, I caught it with my muzzle and completed the circle.