Séance & sensibility

"Maybe I shouldn't intrude" Ray said as we walk up to Nate's farther's funeral.

"Dr. Heywood needs all of our support right now, Mr. Palmer" Nyssa said, "Well, what am I supposed to say to him? 'Sorry the woman I've been exchanging love letters with in prison killed your dad'?" Ray frowned.

"They ought to put that on a condolence card" John chuckled as he lights a cigarette, "Look, we are going inside and we are going to strive with grace to help our friend cope with his loss" Sara snatches the cigarette from his lips and throws it on the ground. She turns around and leads the group into the house.

I separated from the legends to explore the surroundings. I walked around for a while before bumping into Nate, "Hey tam tam long time no see" He greets me, bending down to stratch behind my ears. "I'm sorry that your sire died Nate" I placed my paw on his knees. "Thank you, well uh-" He started before female voice cut him off, "Oh Nathaniel, you must be distraught from your father's passing that you're talking to cats" Nate's mother sobs. "What no mom-" Nate quickly stood up.

I shook my head and left, weaving through crowded rooms before finding Sara and Nyssa. Our comms chimed and Mona's voice came through, "This better be good, Mona" Sara sighed.

"A fugitive got to Jane Austen. She never wrote "Sense and Sensibility. " And "Pride and Prejudice" disappeared, too" Nora said. "Whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait" Sara dismissed her.

"Did someone say history's in trouble? Legends assemble!" Ray exclaimed, "Okay, I really need to get out of here, too" Zari walks up to us.

"Hey, what's up?" Nate asked as he approached us. "Nothing. Uh, there's a fugitive alert, but it can wait" Sara informed him. "No, you should go. It's hard enough I have to play pretend. You guys shouldn't" Nate school his head.

"Okay" Sara nods, pecking his cheek before leaving with Nyssa in tow. "Bye Nate" I meowed, waving my paws at him before jogging to catch up with Sara and Nyssa.

_______

"Gideon traced a new Fugitive to a wedding Jane Austen attended in Bath, England, 1802" Charlie informed us as we enter the bridge. I jumped onto the console before laying down on it.

"I already had Gideon chart a course. Can I come on the mission? Please?" Mona asked,
"...Sure" Sara said hesitantly.

"Yeah, and as much as I love a good wedding sneak, I'm gonna QB from, um...from my bedroom" Ray said, we all look at his retreating form in suspicion.

"Is he acting weirder than normal?" Sara narrowed her eyes, "Yeah" "Yes" "Definitely" We all answered. Mona suddenly closed her distance with Zari, sniffing her.

"Speaking of weird" Zari said, looking at Mona confused. "I think my sense of smell has improved because of Wolfie. And you smell exactly like....Nate" Mona said. Nyssa, Sara, and Charlie turned their heads, an impressed look on their faces.

"No, I don't" Zari scoffed, "you do" I meowed, confirming Mona's statement.

"See? Yeah It's definitely Nate. Nate and something else...." Mona trails off, "Arousal" I answered for her. "Wait Tama, so all this time you can smell when we're you know... Horny?" Sara asked hesitantly. "Of course, I just never comment on it. You and Nyssa actually smell like that quite often" I shrugged, flicking my tail.

"No, I don't- I don't like Nate, That would be wrong and-" Zari stuttered, "Dr. Heywood certainly likes you, He confessed it when he swallowed the truth bug" Nyssa said.

"We're so not passing the Bechdel Test right now" Zari sighed.

"It's okay to talk about guys sometimes... Or girls" Sara winked at Nyssa. Nyssa simply smacked her beloved upside the head.