Here Zari goes again

Ray hums as we all enter the bridge, "Gideon? What's happening?" Zari asks. "I was gonna ask the same question. I thought you were fixing the ship" Sara said.

"Yeah, that... the maintenance check took longer than expected. The ship's a mess. I had to re-initialize Gideon's alpha drives. So how'd it go out there? Good mish?" Zari said, looking and sounding sketchy.

"I pried this cassette from Shorty's fingers" Mick grumbles as He walks into the bridge, "He means Napoleon Bonaparte" Nate elaborates. "'Waterloo' Who writes a song about losing a war" Mick throws the cassette down and stomps on it.

"Anyway, It was really great. Even though half our band missed the cue for our big encore" Ray chirped. "Yeah, where were you guys?" Sara questioned the guilty party, "It was my fault. I was just not used to walking in these go-go boots" Amaya said, "It won't happen again, Captain" Nate continued as he and Amaya step away from the bridge.

"Right, Gideon, let's check the historical records, see if everything is back to normal" Sara said. "According to the historical record, the battle of Waterloo is back on track. Napoleon did surrender... And the French forces withdrew..." Gideon fritzed out.

"Gideon?" Nyssa called for the AI, "Where did she go?" Sara questioned. "The ship's functions are still operational, but it looks as though Gideon's neural core has been fried" Ray said with a frown.

"I asked you to perform a routine maintenance check.." Sara starts, "I did run a maintenance check" Zari cuts her off. Ooh, not a good move Z.

"And perhaps something else?" Nyssa questioned, "Something you want to tell us about? Maybe show us?" Sara continued.

Sara moved towards Zari's screen but was blocked by Zari herself. "Oh, do not make me move you" Sara warns, "You should just tell her what it is. Last thing we want to do is get Sara mad" Ray said. We all look at him in confusion, "Why is that?" Zari asks. "Because... High blood pressure. It takes years off your life" Ray clumsily covers up his words.

"Okay, fine. You win. I uploaded a synchronous, multi-model simulation program to Gideon's neural core" Zari fessed up." A simulation program for what?" Sara questioned her. "To see if there are any other loopholes in history that we could exploit" Zari said. "We? You mean you can exploit" Sara corrected her.

"You're trying to hack history? What exactly are you trying to change in 2042?" Ray frowns, "Oh, I don't know, Ray. Maybe I'm trying to figure out how to stop my home from becoming a dystopian nightmare?" Zari said sarcastically.

"Look, Zari, I let the Helen of Troy thing pass. I even let it slide when you tried to prevent Martin's death, but you need to understand we are in the "fixing anachronisms" business, not the "hacking history" business. Now please go fix Gideon" Sara said, her patience running thin. "Hey, maybe if you would stop bossing me around for a second, you would see this is a good idea" Zari snaps. *meow* I don't think provoking Sara is a good idea Z.

"I said "please." And even if I didn't, bossing you around is part of my job as captain" Sara growls. "Yeah, and it's really easy to take you seriously in that outfit" Zari quips, "You know this whole apathetic cool girl thing, it's not as cute as you think. If you want to be a member of this team..." Sara starts, "Member-ish. This was always a temporary arrangement. I was never planning on sticking around for long" Zari cuts in. "Then so long as you are on this ship, I am your captain, and if you don't like it, you can stop sticking around" Sara turns around, Nyssa ran her hands up and down Sara's back to calm her down.

"Aye, aye" Zari rolled her eyes before stepping away. "I'm gonna kill her" Sara growls. "Wait! Sara... no!" Ray tries to stop Sara before tripping on his platforms and falling flat on his face. Nyssa gripped Sara's shoulders subtly to stop her from going after zari. "Just fix the ship" Sara sighs. *meow* I meowed up to Sara, she sighs and picked me up. Heading towards her and Nyssa's chambers with Nyssa in tow.

_____

I walked around the ship happily with my tasty bone marrow treat in my muzzle, Passing by the engine room on my way. Wait, did I see that wrong? I ask myself as I backtrack, spotting Zari unconscious covered with green glowing sludge.

*Meow* Gideon? You there? What happened to Zari?

" It seems Ms. Tomaz has been exposed to the ship's Bosonic hyper-fluid, I suggest not touching the fluid while transporting her to the medbay" Gideon's chirpy voice answered me. I shrugged and picked up Zari with my shadow, carrying her to the medbay. *Meow* could you inform Sara and the team about Zari's situation please Gideon?

"Certainly Tama" Gideon answered. I stayed beside Zari as she lay on the medbay bed unconscious.

_______

Hours pass by before Zari stirred, "Sara, Zari is waking up" I said into the comms. Sara and Ray rushed into the medbay just as Zari was waking up. "Hey, rise and shine. How are you feeling?" Sara asks her, "Oh, like my head is made of cement" Zari groans.

"You were exposed to the ship's Bosonic hyper-fluid in the engine room. Knocked you out for hours" Ray informed her, "Oh, man, I have such a Gideon hangover" Zari groans. "What do you mean?" Sara questions, "While I was out, Gideon transported my consciousness into a matrix," Zari said. "Okay. I think you dreamt that" Sara suggests, "No, it wasn't a dream, it was real. Right, Gideon?" Zari asked.

"Unfortunately, I don't know what you're talking about, Ms. Tomaz" Gideon answered her. "Oh, that is cold, Gideon. After all that, we're still not friends?" Zari scoffs.

"Zari, are you sure you're okay?" Sara asked once more, worried for her crewmate. *meow* yeah, I think the green thingy is still not out of your system yet.

"Gideon trapped me in my own simulator, so I was stuck on the Waverider reliving the same hour over and over again. Needless to say, I got to know you all really, really well" Zari explained once more. Sara, Ray, and I looked at each other perplexed. "Right" Sara whispers, "Could be caused by the sedative dosage. I could look into it later" Ray whispers over to us.

"Yeah. I'm telling the truth. You know what, I'll prove it. Sara, ask Ray what Constantine told him about you" Zari said. "Okay. Ray, what did Constantine tell you about me?" Sara does as told.

"How did you know that? Okay, he warned me that if you were possessed by Mallus again and lost control, that I... I should kill you. Oh, such a relief to get that off my chest" Ray said slowly. "Well, he's right. You should k*ll me if Mallus takes over again, and you are going to need a lot of help" Sara nods. "Well, let's just hope it doesn't come down to that" Ray said.

"Hey, you wanna get a Coffee?" Sara asks Zari, "Yeah" Zari smiles.

_______

I licked my paws, taking time to groom myself. *pshhh* the sound of the bridge door opens, "Hey Tam Tam" Zari greets me. *meow* Hey!

"So are you curious about what I learned about you?" She asks as she sat cross-legged in front of me. *Meow?* What is it then?

"I hope that you know that Martin's death wasn't your fault, or any of ours really, There was nothing we can do. no matter how powerful you are, God kitty or not" She said, patting my head. "I know..." I whimpered, stepping into her lap as we spent a moment embracing.

TBC