Chapter 2

Upon entering the room, you saw Gorou and Kazuha talking in a low voice, while Scaramouche was looking at his phone, straight in front of you. Thoma and Hu Tao arrived at the table a couple of seconds before you and Yoimiya, giving everyone their lunch and placing the other four in front of the empty chairs, basically randomly. Yours was placed at the seat in front of Scaramouche, next to Kazuha on your left and Thoma on your right. As you sat down, you averted a gaze on you. Looking up, you saw the one and only never-happy guy in front of you rolling his eyes and sighting lightly "Do you not understand my language or are you just stupid?"

As you expected, he was mad at you. He ordered you to dress with a simple hoodie and a pair of jeans, and you had the audacity to sit there in front of him in your really good-looking outfit, even locking your eyes into his. But exactly because you expected him to react like this, you knew what to do. If everything had gone as planned, you would have been able to make him stay for that day too. For the other days, you didn't know, but it's better to face one problem at a time.

Everyone was staring back and forth at you and Scaramouche, having no idea what was happening, as he spoke again, an even more irritated tone "That's it, I'm leaving". Placing both his hands on the table, he stood up. But you didn't give him enough time to even get his backpack. Putting on your tough act you worked on the whole trip to the university with a "badass edited music" playlist you found, you replied to him "Sit down, you whiny baby".

At this point, everyone was in shook, like they just saw a really important scene of a movie without seeing the whole thing. Scaramouche was standing there, beside his chair, giving you his left side, whit his left hand on the table and his right one down, almost touching the backpack resting on the floor. He was looking at you in fury, and you weren't even looking back at him, just sitting there with your eyes fixated where his face was before he stood up. Someone might even think you had a death wish. "Excuse me...? Nobody can order me around!"

You were playing with fire. You made him snap, you put yourself in a very dangerous position. And there was no way back now. You saw how strongly he was pushing his hand down on the table, with so much strength his arm was trembling. He probably wanted to slap you. But you weren't scared. You knew how to play whit him now. Maybe... Hopefully. <<Please work>> was the only thing you were able to think while giving him your full attention once again. Looking right into his eyes, you provoked him even more "Well then, leave. Get out". He moved his right hand from the backpack to back of his neck, tilting back his head and closing his eyes while sighting. <<So dramatic. This man sure sight a lot>>

"Are you deaf or just stupid? How many times do I have to tell you I don't take orders?!" and with that being said, he sat back down, crossing his arms on his chest to show his disappointment.

At this point you already dropped your act and were smiling like a kid <<It did work indeed>>. Thoma bursted out laughing as he understood what you just did, followed by everyone else as Kazuha commented your heroic move "Oh my archons, I can't believe it worked, Y/n. You are a woman full of resources!".

Scaramouche was looking at you from the corner of his eyes, and kept glaring and staring at you for the whole study session that started right after. He never fell for your trick. He wasn't that easy to manipulate. To tell the truth, he was amazed by the thought of you eventually finding out that you couldn't get around him, that you never managed to and will never play with his mind. No, he didn't stay because of your naïve trick. He stayed because he wanted to. Acting from reflex and instinct, when you got on his nerves for disobeying him, he got up. And regretted it immediately. Yes, you angered him, yes you made him feel uneasy and yes that study group thing didn't look like helpful to him, he was good enough alone. But he wanted to know why you had such an impact on him. He always had full control of almost everything, especially in his regards. That included his emotions too. Sure, he was someone who can get angry pretty bad and often but that was just because he allowed himself to be like that. Even when in rage, he actually was collected and would calculate every move and word. But all that was nothing if it had something to do with you. His feelings, his heartbeat, his thoughts, his eyes... he had no control over those things whatsoever.