Chapter 19

11 July

"Yes?" Your mum was already running a little late that day, and when she heard the doorbell ring all she could think was << Please don't be Melanie, please don't be Melanie, please don't be Melanie>>. The neighborhood was exceptionally chatty when your mum risked arriving late at work. But when the person to the other side of the intercom spoke, her lips rose in a bright smile and she almost forgot about her work altogether.

"Uh, good morning ma'am. I'm Scaramouche, Y/n inv-"

"Oh goodness gracious, Scara! Come in, come in!"

A click signaled your mum opened the gate, and pushing it gently, the blue-eyed boy made his way to the door, where your mum appeared right before he could knock on it.

"What a nice surprise, how are you doing?"

"Fine, thanks. I hope you could say the same"

"I can, I can indeed. I was telling Y/n just yesterday how she should have invited you, I guess she did it right away" She was still talking to Scaramouche, running from one side to the other of the living room in search for the car keys, the phone, the documents, a pack of tissues because you can never know, and stuffing everything in her new handbag, the one your dad bought her the day before at their date at the lake.

Hearing how you and your mum were talking about him, Scaramouche made his usual smug face, smirking and rising his right eyebrow "Oh, did you tell her? So that's why"

"Yes, she always needs a push when it comes to hang out with someone. Anyway, I don't know what you brought but there was no need to, you're so kind. You can place that bag on the kitchen counter or on the table in the living room, whatever you prefer. She's still sleeping, I guess you two talked a lot last night and during vacation she can sleep a lot, so you better go and wake her up, unless you want to wait for her till lunch time. You know where her room is, right? I need to go to work now, my husband is at work too and we will be home at around 7pm both. You have the house all for yourself, but keep it safe, ok? Byeee, I hope to see you when I get back!"

"Uh, yes, thank you, ma'am, have a nice day at work"

The door closed and the boy dropped on the sofa, hiding his cheeks with his left hand, the plastic bag from the superstore at his side on the floor <<Keep it safe? Oh archons, what does she thinks we're doing?!>>

A solid minute later, after he placed the ice cream in the refrigerator and he calmed himself down, avoiding thinking to what your mum said to stop his cheeks from going red, he headed to your room. Opening the door slowly, he recalled the events of that night. The way you were getting closer and closer to his lips without even realizing what you were doing, the way he woke up with you in his arms and the way you were sleeping, at least to his knowledge, peacefully next to him in your cute pajama. Your room was exactly how he remembered, how he imagined it when he daydreamed to go back in there and watch you sleeping again. Now, his dreams were reality. The shutters were still closed, but the sun was so bright he could clearly see everything anyway. Your little plant near the window he was concerned where to put when he was thinking about escaping from there, all the photos all over the whole room, your desk tidy yet with again some pens and pencils scattered here and there, your pc in a not really comfortable positions on the desk if you had to play games, but you probably used it only to study. And there you were, next to your desk, on the comfortable bed, in another cute pajama, under a light blanket, on your side still with your phone near your hands.

He passed the door frame, took your phone and placed it on the desk, surprised it still had some battery in it, and crunched beside you. A small smile appeared on his lips as he watched you sleeping like a baby. How he dreamed to watch your sleeping figure once again. He could see now, one more time, how delicate you were, how helpless you seemed, too small and pure for the cruel and dangerous world. He wanted to hold you in his arms, to tell you how he was ready to protect you from everything and everyone, to kiss your forehead and to lay in bed with you all day, telling you every single thing he loved of you. Starting form how when you sleep you formed little fist with your hands. And how your hairs always seem so smooth he just wanted to pass his hand in them. Something he realized he was about to do even now. He stopped just in time, a few millimeters from your face, and immediately got up, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his black shorts.