Chapter 7

{a/n: there will be a jean and diluc moment in this chapter (and i really like them so, spoiler, i will make them a couple). don't fret tho, they won't take a lot of space, this is still a scaraxreader story}

18 June

The last exam was only a week away. The last one, and he would be free. He didn't have any special plans for summer break, just games, play music, catch up with a couple of tv series he was behind with, and maybe go out with his friends if he felt like it, if they would beg him enough, if Y/n would go too.

<<Y/n, Y/n, is waylays Y/n! I'm so tired of having her always in my mind for archons' sake! The exam is around the corner, and I think of Y/n, why the fuck?! Does she annoy me that much?!>>

Scaramouche was getting more and more irritable every day he didn't get to see you, and it was almost a month since the last time. He would often find himself thinking of you, whether he was cooking, wondering if you would have liked such food, or remembering your face of when you were looking at him on that sofa or when he told you he was in a band, he found himself wondering if you were still studying, and if yes how was it going, or thinking if in a nice day you would have liked to go for a walk in the park. You just always intruded into his mind. And his heart would pick up its peace and he would dream of you in a nice dress with a bucket full of freshly picked flowers, holding your hat while the wind brushes your hair, smiling at him.

{a/n: absolutely not the dream I had three times of my crush *cough cough*}

He feared what could have been the answer to the one-million worth question about his feelings toward you. He never feared something or someone so much.

There was a heavy sight as he leaned back on his comfortable gaming chair <<No... she's not annoying... not the slightest... ugh, what am I thinking?! Damn me, focus on the fucking exam!">>

Everyone you knew was studying for the summer session. Nobody would really write on any group chat or dm you. Nobody asked you to go anywhere with them. You didn't meet a single friend of yours in more than two weeks. 

But that was ok, even good, you were still studying too. You couldn't afford distractions. Your last exam was in two days, and honestly, you just wanted it all to end. Less then two weeks ago you even had two exams in the same day. You were exhausted, to the point you wouldn't even hear your own thoughts anymore. Your mind was empty, totally empty. Actually, that was a blessing, you wished it lasted forever. No more voices giving you anxiety. What a dream. You were exhausted and yes you knew that. But you couldn't back up now. One last sprint and you would be free, maybe you would have gone visit your cousins in the mountains till the start of the second year. You always loved that place and that family, since you were a kid, and you spent a lot of summers up there in the frizzy weather.

20 June

<<Finally... Finally! It's over! Oh my archons I can't believe that was my last one! Yesterday I was on the verge of tears, but now I'm finally free again, light like a feather, I could fly away with that butterfly!>>

As you were heading out of the gates of university, looking at a butterfly flying in the garden, you couldn't help but feel on cloud 9, relived to say the less. And when you saw who was standing right outside the gates you felt like that was going to be the most beautiful day you had in a while.

Picking up your peace, with a bright smile on your face, you were studying everyone. Fishl and Amber were talking and moving their hands around like their life depended on that topic, whatever that was. Always so dramatical. They would have been really good actresses, Fishl for sure, while Amber would probably be too embarrassed to act in front of a lot of people. She wouldn't have problems if she had to scold them, or tell them what to do, for some reason, or she had to talk with them about something she really cared for. But it had to be real, she had to be swept away by her own emotions for her to be the focus of so many people. Either way, looking at those two talking never failed to amuse you.