Chapter 23

{a/n: i swear, it will come a time where i won't need to put these trigger warnings and chapters will only be fluff and cute

TW: robbing, sexual assault (attempt), violence and blood}

"How did your day go, without your favorite girl to bother?" you mocked the boy to the other side of the phone, realizing you were getting used to his calls already.

"Don't get your expectations so high, I did so damn amazing even without you"

"I bet you played videogames all day, without even caring to eat"

"No, a dumbass was being fucking toxic and made me quit like at only 2pm. And don't worry mum, I ate"

"Don't think about that person, toxic people exist and we can't do anything to change the thing, so just ignore them and you'll live better"

"Damn, so philosophical, what happed to your dumb brain? Did you finally buy a new one?"

"I didn't buy a new brain, what the hell?! Maybe my original one just got an upgrade after the walk with Kazuha"

"Huh? I thought you went to the mall with Itto, Gorou and Yoimiya too"

"Well, I did, but then something happened and Gorou dropped us near the others' houses, quite far from mine, so Kazuha walked me home"

"Oh, the perfect boy got you home like a true gentleman under the stars' watch"

You couldn't help but laugh at Scaramouche's sarcastic tone, getting only a sight from him in response.

"He just walked me home, why are you-"

You got interrupted by a noise behind you. You turned around to see a man dressed in all black with a baseball cap covering his eyes take your wrist and drag you in a dark corner, making you drop your phone.

"Give me your money and I won't hurt you" You stood there in shock, looking around to see if someone could help you, but not finding a single living soul. And your phone was behind the man, on the road path. Even if you would have been able to reach it, you were sure that delicate phone broke on the impact with the ground.

But that didn't happen. Even though Scaramouche couldn't hear everything, he did hear a man demanding for your money, and then asking if that was all you got.

"I- I just needed to buy some veg-" you answered him, in a shaky voice, while your friend was getting dressed at the speed of light. Then, the man interrupted you.

"I don't want to hear your excuses. This is much less then what I was expecting from a girl dressed in those expensive clothes. I guess you gotta compensate me in another way"

That was the last straw. As much as he didn't want to, Scaramouche ended the call to get you help from someone he knew was much closer than him to where you probably were.

"Oh, hello Sca-"

"You're near Y/n's house, right? Go back, go the fuck back! She should be around there, on the way to the groceries store I think" Scaramouche voice was filled with emotions, so many that Kazuha wasn't even able to detect them. And all the noises in the background didn't help, rummaging, keys, doors being opened and slammed, closed, cars passing by and a car starting.

"What...? What happened?"

"A fucker is trying to pull something on her, I'll be there too in 5 minutes, no 3. Hold him for me, I wanna kill that son of a bitch with my own tw-"