Chapter 25

Childe was still focused on the sheets, continuously taking the top one under the pile, so Signora cared to answer Scaramouche, even if with another question "Do you think we would? To you?"

Pictures, lot of pictures: Scaramouche getting out of your house in the early morning, you under him on his couch with the Wii controller still in your hand, you two cooking peacefully and smiling to each other, photos of that time when Scaramouche made you sit on his lap, when he opened the shutters of your bedroom, when he whispered at your ear at the park... Every time you two met, someone took pictures. And there were lot of photos from the night before too, when he was hitting that man and broke his wrist, probably his nose too. Everything was documented, date, time, place printed on the back of every picture.

"I can't exclude anyone"

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's take a step back. How did you get these?" Childe placed back the photos on the table and Scaramouche took a seat on the chair behind him, sighing deeply.

"A Mirror Maiden knocked on my door this morning and handed me the paper envelope with the photos and a pen drive, saying only 'This is Her Majesty gift'. The pen contains the raw files and videos from the scenes of the pictures. And I know the Maidens are The Tzaritza's family personal maidens, but I don't think this is how she would act. The comment is not enough of a proof either. If anything, it all seems too much, both sanding a Mirror Maiden and making her say that"

"But if you only got these today, why did you asked to meet us yesterday?" La Signora asked, furrowing her eyebrows but still looking amazing as always, raising a hand to rest under her chin.

"I wanted to talk about a man we met yesterday. The man the photos show me kicking and punching"

"Ok, so... Are you saying someone hired a Maiden? And maybe told her to not say anything to The Tzaritza? They're hella loyal Scara! If someone did that, they must have amazing power on the brains. Unless, it was just a woman dressed like a Maiden, not a real one" suggested Childe, while placing his hands on the table and leaning back on them.

Scaramouche in a normal situation would have been bothered by that action, but this time he was just seating there, elbows on the hard surface and hands under his chin "I recognized her voice, it was the one that usually takes care of The Tzaritza's room"

"Mh, in this case... you know who has the higher influence on the Maidens. For two reasons, he has almost all of them on their knees for him. Quite literally" declared La Signora, who was starting to get worried. If someone did that to Scaramouche, could she be the next? The thought of someone constantly following her and taking pictures of her every move gave her goosebumps.

"Yeah, but I can't go to him and ask him if he's doing this, if it's not him I'll have another harbinger knowing about her, I can't let it happen"

"By the way, why were you beating up this man? What did you wanted to tell us about him?" Signora took up the photos and started to look at them more closely, trying to see if there was something worth noticing, some hints. Nothing.

"Those are the pictures you're most interest in?! Girl, look at Y/n riding him like a good girl, you should ask about those"

"Childe shut the fuck up. I could tell you she was not doing that, but I don't owe you any explanation, so just shut it. And Signora, that's the part that got me fucking mad the most. If it was just a spy, I just needed to not tell Y/n to not creep her out while I deal with it. But whoever hired the photographer hired that asshole in the pictures too, he got to her and asked for money and was about to... hurt her. And I think whoever this is, they're behind a couple of other scary things that happened to her since we got closer too"