Chapter 1

Wynter's POV

Ever since the "incident", my parents decided to change my room so I am not reminded of my past and worst day of my life. It's been 4 years but my eyes never turned back to their usual brown, I had ocean blue yes. More like icy blue eyes.

Mom finally told me what "the cost" of not being able to control my feelings would be. My powers could take over my body and I might be evil and try to kill everyone around me. To say that traumatized me would be an understatement because ever since then I made sure to keep my feelings neutral. I taught myself the impossible, not reacting to getting hurt or being angry. All I had to have was happiness but I couldn't fake that so I guess I became a robot. I grew and straightened my hair because I thought it went well with my now blue eyes. Dad didn't like it one bit but he said I still look beautiful whatever I chose.

They made me change schools because no one wanted Oliver around me and Dad had told Ilaris to take care of him. He made Autumn tell him who Oliver was and he "took care" of the boy but they don't want to tell me what they did. No one tells me what they did. I hope they didn't hurt the poor human boy.

At my new school there were only supernaturals so if ever I had another accident no one will question anything. This time I made sure to keep a low profile. Unlike my previous school, everyone knew me because of my brothers and in this school, people know who my brothers are and that they have a sister that later disappeared. Not completely disappear but I never interacted with people much.

My dad considered homeschooling but mom said she didn't want me to be isolated just like she was though that's what I prefer. People who still knew how I look now would say I put on eye contacts to try and be like my mother's sister. This school is worse than the previous one because I was called a liar and attention seeker of which no one even gave me a second glance when or if they didn't know who my brothers were.

High school is over now anyway, Autumn, Quincy and I are now joining Ilaris in college. He is a senior which means one more year of freedom before he takes over and becomes King. Although Dad doesn't mind if he took his time getting ready but him being the responsible one, he wants them to take a break for once.

Everyday I see how dad treats mom, I dream about my mate. I was looking forward to meeting the one that the Moon Goddess saw fit to make me happy but ever since that night, I have been doubting if I do have a mate. I was supposed to find my mate last year but I didn't. But in my defence, only Ilaris has a mate and none of us do.

Chrystal is a talented dancer and singer, she loves people and loves to get me, Quincy and Harper get ready for balls and dances. She was the one who picked our prom dresses and I won't lie, I loved mine. I love dresses. Her parents were omegas in a neighbouring pack and were never given an opportunity to train to fight but it's not what she wanted anyway. My brother is very protective of her and didn't care whether she could fight or not. He took dad's advice on if she couldn't fight, it would be an even better excuse for him to be extra protective. Although I think Ilaris also applies that advice to me and Quincy, we don't need protection.

"You're weird." I hear Auntumn's voice behind me. I turn around to see him crossing his arms, leaning on the doorway with a face scrunched up in disgust.

"Thanks." I say walking from the window over to the closet.

"Are you ready?" He asks inviting himself in my room.

"You do realise that I have a no roaches policy here right?" I say while I finish up packing.

"Then why are you still here?" He is annoying.

"Wynter bae!" Ah yes my best friend saves me.

"Oh hey Autumn, where's Wynter?" She asks.

"I'm in here." I shout from the closet.

"Oh, Daddy is taking us to school. Eeek!" Wait Holden is taking us to school? This is going to be fun.

If it's not Holden then Greyson is the best, they are funny and less uptight unlike Dad. He wouldn't want to sing on the road because that's not what "king's do". I say that's booorrrriiinnggg!

"Breakfast now." I heard grandma say through mindlink. Everyone listens to grandma or she will start cussing in Spanish.

The three of us head to the elevator on our way to the kitchen. I'm not a morning person but grammy makes food so good you actually want it to be morning.

"Morning Mom, hey daddy, hey grandma." I say going to sit next to Dad.

"Morning honey." Mom responds and goes back to typing on her laptops.

"No work during breakfast." Dad says.

"But I'm almo-" Before she could finish grandma closed her laptop.

"Eat." She commands.

"Yes ma'am." Mom says and puts her laptop away. See? Everyone listens to grandma even Mom who calls the shots here. Don't tell dad I said that.

"Are you ready for college?" Dad asks me.

"Uh- are you?" I say.

"No, not really. You're going to meet boys. We don't like boys right?" Dad says brushing my hair.

"We don't like boys daddy." I say hugging his arm.

"That's my girl."

"But what if it's her mate?" Mom asks.

"No mates." He says. He doesn't want anyone to be with me. At all.

"Awww why not?" Quincy whines from across the table.

"They are controling." Dad responded.

"But you're not controling dad." Autumn says.

"Yes, but your mother is." He says and earns a death stare from mom.

As if on cue, Ilari and Chrystal enter the room holding hands.

"How lovely of you lovebirds to finally decide on joining us." Grandma says with her hands on her hips.

"Sorry Mama Verlice." Chrystal shyly says before they sat down.

"So, son it's your last year. Are you two sure you're ready?" Dad asks Ilari.

"Of course, we have another year anyway." He says.

We had a great breakfast, we talked about a lot of things and laughed. My family is the best, they are very welcoming and amazing. Also every person in this room is deadly in their own way.

Ilari, Autumn and I happen to have powers individually. With Ilari having the power to send an electric current that-yes we tested it- was 5000 volts that could kill you intsantly, he can also control lightning. We know this because rogues do try to fight us and our parents always call us up so we can take care of them as a training exercise. With them mentoring everything though. Ilari's only weakness is either wolfsbane or his mate.

Autumn can absorb another person's power, any kind of power leaving them defenceless. Touching his skin is dangerous because some actually die from that. He is also oddly fast when he is in his wolf form, faster than Holden even. Another one of his powers is that he can feel an unknown presence that poses as a danger, even when they are covered by magic. Leo helped test that. So far he doesn't have a weakness because wolfsbane doesn't affect him and he has no mate. People underestimate him.

Then there's me, I have only one power but I can't use mine because they're dangerous. Mom encourages me to but I never do because I fear what would happen if I do. I'm a good fighter and I make sure to be good at it to avoid using my powers. Although my parents don't like it but it's my choice.

And then my best friend Quincy? A gorgeous and deadly vampire are the worst combinations, for the enemy of course. She's also trained by her Mom, she is as fast, strong and funny as her dad. Mom says she has no filter and that makes uncle Holden a bad father. She's not wrong but that's what makes her Quincy anyway. She also has a short temper and is always ready to fight.

~
Hey honey buns! Welcome to chapter one, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as much as I did.

If you have questions feel free to ask!

Don't forget to vote and comment. Xoxo(o'_)