Chapter 37

Zhavi's POV

After I told Shane everything, he just, like me didn't have any words. He hasn't said anything, commented for over 10 minutes

"Does he know?" He asks.

"Not at all. He's consumed by her, I doubt he would believe any of us." If she has the Lycan Prince wrapped around her little finger then she has all the Lycans too.

What I said to Arseni was supposed to give him a heads up but I hope he isn't too naïve to ask Wynter about it.

"This is all my fault. I pushed my daughter until she lost herself." He brushes his hands through his hair. I got closer to him so I was hugging his back.

"It is partly your fault." He gives me a questioning look.

"You know that does not make me feel better right?"

"I won't lie to you baby, but you are and so am I. Wynter wasn't okay for years and I fear we weren't there for her enough. She needs us now and I am not hurting my daughter." He looked to be thinking for a second before he faced me again.

"The only way to ensure to get her out of this like Christian says, is to make her fight herself. And she can't fight herself if she's trying to fight other royals who would never give up their title." He says. So what I'm hearing is we need to ensure none of those royals make it here?

"So you're gonna have to talk to Vlad about this? Or do I?" He frowns when I make that joke.

"I'd rather let my daughter kill me than to let you be in the same room as Vlad." I laugh at his cuteness.

"Do you not trust me mate?" I say pretending to be offended.

"It's not you I don't trust. I just don't like Lycans. But I also, know I have to break down our whole family history to him to give him a good reason." He looked like someone who was not looking forward to it.

"You mean my family history?" He looks at me and smiles. I love his smile.

"That's what I said mate, our." And with that he leaned in to kiss me.

More years and I'm still madly inlove with this man.

........

Arseni's POV

Ever since Quincy woke up, my mate has been hanging around me a lot. I expected her to ensure Quincy was alright but her excuse was that Eriks was taking care of that.

The day her mother came looking for her, she said something that has been bothering me. I went to check on Quincy and Eriks after and found out that Quincy wasn't bothered by Wynter acting the way she does and in fact didn't want her around. That's very odd. Those two were inseparable.

I asked Wynter about it last night and I ended up getting a lecture about how I'm involving myself in her life. The last time I checked, she wanted that attention. I asked about her sketchbook, and if she wanted me to take her to a place that could give her inspiration and she got mad and say in controlling her.

I may not know Wynter much but from my observation, the girl that loved shorts, sundresses and loved her own time never blew up on people's faces. Yes it has crossed my mind that maybe she is still mad at me but I don't think Wynter would do that. Then Mrs Verlice's words came back to me.

What is it that I don't know? I remember Wynter telling me that she's not what I thought she was. Maybe if I asked her about that I would get something.

Right now in on my way to my chambers because I was in the office for almost 4 hours trying to find anything that could lead to knowing our traitors and enemies that keep their eyes on us.