Chapter 21

Arseni's POV

I can't believe it, Wynter confirmed into giving me another chance. I have been chickening out ever since morning the other day and Eriks nagging me as usual. He wasn't wrong though. He kept reminding me how they have only two weeks here and I might not get another chance because she's different here. It's hard to talk to her when we are in America, but here she even dropped her own feelings and pride to comfort me. I admire her more than ever.

We've been talking for over an hour now, we were talking about stupid things. I got to know her a little more. She told me about her art and how it's a great escape to reality just like how her mother's escape to reality is reading books. She likes running in her wolf form almost every 5 hours a day. It's how she bonds with her wolf. She loves nothing more than her family because they have protected her all her life. Funny story, Quincy is more brutal than she looks. She has fought with males that try to put their hands on her. I have to thank her for that, and find out who those people are.

Her smile is remarkable. The glistening in her eyes when she laughs and the pink blushes on her face. Her pink lips call me like Siren calling all those thirsty men.

"Your Majesties." I hear a voice behind me that caused my mate to stop smiling. I get furious really quick and turn my head to face Igor. If it were anyone else they would be suffering the consequences of disturbing me an my mate.

"Forgive me for the disturbance, her royal Highness Queen Sophia requests your presence in the training ground." He says.

"Fuck, I forgot." I say putting a hand on my forehead.

"There'll be training?" My mate asks, her sweet voice flooding my ears.

"Sort of, your Mother agreed on finally showing us her power and fighting skills." I say.

"Cool. Just so you know, she loves fighting and training. She was keeping you guys anxious, Dad's cockiness is contagious." I laugh at what she said. I told Igor we will be there in a minute.

"Thank you for giving me another chance. I promise you won't regret it." I say taking her small hands in mine.

"I hope not." She says. I kissed her hand softly and got to me feet. I extended my hand and she took it.

"Wait I'm not ready to tell my family that we are mates yet. It'll complicate things since it is Mom's time to shine." She says letting my hand go. After the warmth of her hand was taken from me, I felt disappointed and my hand could feel something missing.

Although she's right, we can't be careless. I don't care about her family but I do know somewhere somehow there are people we can not trust in this place. Traitors that I will skin alive when I find them. I hate disloyalty.

While we're walking, I ensure to keep my face straight and forward. I don't want to look at her because I'm going to be in a trance and trip over myself.

When we got to the training grounds, in the corner of my eye I see the Autumn boy dressed in workout gear. I'm still surprised to learn they are twins. They do not in anyway look like twins, I guess they can't all be identical. I don't think he knows that I know he has been having a thing with Mila and neither does Mila. There's something going on and I'm not blind, I just don't have the right to ask because she's neither my mate or my girlfriend. It really isn't any of my business.

When I got to the training ground I see Queen Zhavi already dressed in workout clothes too. It would be weird to say my mother in law looks... I can't say that word. Although she's also younger than me, still it feels wrong.

What I do know is my father is definitely looking, the other males around us are looking and I'm sure thinking of ways to look deeper. To my surprise Shane is calm, more than calm. He doesn't look phased in anyway. I know I'd be going insane if people shamelessly looked at my mate that way.

Just as I turned my head I see Ekaterina in what do they call them again, booty shorts? Yeah that and a workout bra. Is she going to fight too?

"Hi baby," She says coming over to me. I take a step back and return her greeting.

"Are you going to be fighting too?" I ask.

"I mean, I'm ready to show what I got." She says.

"I bet." I hear someone on my left and when I turn, I see the Quincy girl rolling her eyes. Okay.

"Well, Ilari will be right out." My father says.

"I thought Queen Zhavi was the one to show her powers." I say confused of the situation.

"No didn't you hear? They all have powers! It's the Fae genes." Nikita says. Wait what?

My eyes quickly turn to face my mate. She looks away trying to avoid contact, she didn't bother to tell me that?

"Shouldn't you be ready too Wynter?" Viktor asks.

"Uh no. I'd rather not." She says hesitating.

"Or she's the black sheep of the family." Ekaterina says her voice a little low but I'm sure everyone heard.

"Another word from you, and you're gonna have a black eye." Quincy says causing Wynter to smile.

"Oh, there's Prince Ilari and Chrystal. Let's start shall we?" Ronan, our referee says.

A referee is essential because Lycans when they are mad could even lose control of themselves during training. If one loses of course the other will get mad because some can't take losing.

Queen Zhavi takes those words and walks by the trees. She keeps a stance positioning herself. We all watch intensely waiting for she will do. Suddenly her brown hair changes to white in a second and something comes out of her hand. I can't hear the murmurs around as I watch a small blade that is being formed with what looks like ice on her hands.

In quick motion she throws the blade in between trees. And it hits the furthest tree. Damn. She does the same thing but this time it was a dagger. She throws it and it hits the same tree. She repeated the move again, this time it was a machete. She throws it and lands a few inches by the blade and dagger. Everyone gives her an applause. I don't think she's done though. She takes a step back and this time she clasps her hands together and slowly moving them apart. She creates an axe which she first swings around before it lands right in-between the dagger and the blade, cutting the tree in half. The tree makes a cracking sound and it starts to break in half, soon the halves fall on other trees to the ground. She broke a damn tree.

I am impressed. Everyone is impressed, of course they are. "I would've never expected something like this. Shane you are one lucky man." For the first time since he has been here. Shane actually smiled. A genuine smile. I would take pride just like he does with a mate like that.

"Believe me, I know." He says pulling her closer.

My eyes settle on my mate who looks at her parents with a smile. I don't miss how much she admires mates, she wants that more than anything and I'm going to give it to her.

Now it's time for Ilari to show us what he's got. This is going to be interesting.

~
Hey love bugs! I hope we are still on the right track. The next chapter might be last for a while, school is calling on me.

Love ya!💕