Chapter 40

Quincy's POV

My mind could not believe what my eyes showed me. My own best friend was ruthlessly killing people, let alone she already killed some innocent people. She is fighting her own family, the one people she swore herself to protect most.

If the real Wynter is there then the pain she must be seeing without being able to do anything must be unbearable. As we watched from the window with her and aunt Zhavi fighting, the air in the room changed.

"There's something in here." Eriks says.

We hear growls from the other room, my first instinct was protect Chrystal or someone will get thousands of electric volts traveling in their body till it is crisped.

Three large men enter the room, they all had yellow eyes indicating they are Lycans. I know Eriks is a fighter, a good one even but he can't take all three alone.

"Is there a way we can solve this with a couple of cold beverages? No, alright then." Eriks tries using his charm to diffuse the situation, obviously it didn't work.

"I tried." I roll my eyes at his very bad timing to joke around.

He put us behind him as one of the Lycans charged at him. He was fast but so were they. They shifted in the middle of the fight but he seemed to be losing.

I couldn't let him get killed, I used my speed to pin one of them to the wall and I bit his neck deep enough to break it and separate it withi his body. If I tried drinking his blood I would've failed, Lycans need instant kill.

When I turn around, I felt a hand that pushed me and I the wall by the window. The man was coming to kill me while I was on the floor but Eriks was fast enough to push him out of the window but he pulled him with him.

Now it was me, Chrystal and a red head woman who had already shifted.

"You will not win this leech!" She seethed as we circled each other.

"But I won't lose before you die." She growls at me.

"You think a little vampire can kill me?! I've lived centuries!" She barks.

"No, but the next vampire Queen will." She came running at me and I met her half way.

She kept trying to go for Chrystal but I didn't let her. She was as fast and as strong as I am. I've fought a Lycan but I guess I have never fought one like her, the eldest Lycans are the strongest ones.

She managed to pin me against the wall. She snarled at me as I struggled to breathe, she was blocking my windpipe. I got too weak to remove her until her arm was sliced and she was pushed and flew through the window too.

Her hand and half her arm was still on my neck. I removed it and there it to the side.

"Oh my gosh euwww!!" Ain't Zhavi rolled her eyes at my childish acts.

"Mrs Verlice!" Chrystal says out of relief.

"Are you girls okay?" She asks.

"No is Eriks okay?" I say running to the window to look for him.

"Yeah he's fine. He's probably coming back." She says.

"I'm already here." We turn around to see him with a few scratched and torn clothes but he didn't even seem to be breaking a sweat.

I went to hug him and he returned the embraced. I instantly felt calm as soon as I felt his body against mine.

Our hug was disturbed by Aunt Zhavi's loud scream. Shee went down on one knee as her hands grabbed her head as if she was in pain.