Chapter 5

Wynter's POV

"What happened there?" Chrystal says fixing my now messed up hair.

"I lost one of my contacts and I was looking for it." I say calmly as I try to remove my other contact.

"You need to stop wearing contacts Wynter you don't even need th-" Quincy tries to convince me which makes me mad because she knows the reason why I do.

"Yes! I do Quincy. I hate my eyes. They're not blue, I hate them!" I literally shouted at my friend. I felt my body reacting to my rise in negative emotions when I see a strip of white in my hair.

I breathe to clam myself down. This happens sometimes because I have a very short temper but I have to hold it in. I feel bad for shouting at her because this is not her fault.

"I'm sorry, I just want to be normal. You didn't deserve that. I'm more mad at myself." I say when I've finally calmed down.

"Honey blue eyes are normal." Quincy says whiles she's brushing my hair.

"But they are not my eye colour. They're not the eye colour my Dad likes." I say feeling the tears threatening to pour down my eyes.

"Your dad loves you like this. Right now, you need to calm yourself okay?" They both hugged me which made me feel  a lot better.

I told them I was gonna make my way back to my dorm because there was no way I'm going back there. Luckily they respected that and left me to have a little privacy for a while.

When I finally felt calm and brave enough to leave the bathroom, I tried collecting myself and removing all those emotions from my face.

As soon as I walked out, I caught a scent of sendal wood and whiskey with a touch of cologne. I do not like whiskey but this I could smell all day, it's addictive. I know there's a high possibility that it's my mate. I'm too worn out to care about someone who acted so jerkley.

I continue to walk back to my dorm and pass by the basketball court, there's no one here and the scent is really strong here. That's a little suspicious. I lift my head to suck in the scent so I can know where it's coming from and from that I also smell burning cigarette. Okay that isn't at all pleasant.

"Enjoying yourself?" I hear a deep voice behind me, it startled me but my body didn't react so I tried to act cool too.

I slowly turn around to be met with two dark orbs looking at me lazily up and down as if analysing me. He has his back on the fence and is crossing his arms with a cigar in his mouth. I hate smokers because it's just unhealthy but he makes it look good. I still hate it.

"You're not at all what I expected." He says throwing his cigar and stepping on it while he walks slowly over to me. Well he isn't at all what I expected either.

I don't reply but instead keep eye contact and take a few steps back. I feel like a deer caught in a lion's den.

"Sorry I'm not a blonde?" Really Wynter? Make a joke insulting his girlfriend now?

"Watch your words. She is superior to you. You're just... an omega. Your wolf is weak." He emphasized the word "weak" sending a jolt of pain through my chest.

"That's not what I thought my mate would say." I reply, my voice hardly audible because I felt like getting on my knees and crying my eyes out but my pride would never allow that.

He gives me small chuckles that don't sound like they have no humour in them at all.

"Let me ask you this, out of 100 what percentage of interest did you think I'd find in marking you when I have someone better?" If I wasn't hurt then I am now. What does he mean better?