Chapter 25

Arseni's POV

After my parents gave me their stupid lecturer, my friends and I sat in the training grounds. Of course Mila and Alyona are furious to be the only ones that know last. Nikita knew and I don't know how, she was more distracted than everyone else.

"I can't believe you! Even Nikita knew and you didn't bother to tell me?!" Alyona shouts at Viktor who seemed to be smiling more than scared. He is the only one who can handle his mate whereas a lot of people are scared of her. She can be mean.

"And Arseni you let me be mean to my future Queen?" Mila says to me.

"Because you were busy with that Autumn kid you didn't notice." I say crossing my arms.

"Wha- uh.. what? What're yo- How did you know?" She whispers.

"I'm not stupid." I say.

"So you don't have a problem I took your girlfriend?" Autumn comes to my side smirking. That kid is too full of himself.

"No because your sister is mine." I say smiling. His smirk immediately drops.

"Dad's not going to approve of that." He says.

"It's not his choice now is it?" I say.

"It is, she does anything he tells her to."

"I didn't mean that. I meant he can't take my mate unless he wants to fight." I say challenging him to say more but he doesn't.

His words do haunt me though. Shane is capable of making my mate hate me with a snap and I know how. Yahida...

He will tell her about Yahida and obviously my mate will get mad at me. I knew one way or another the mistakes of my past would come back to me.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed everyone was looking in one direction, my attention was peaked when my mate's scent met my nostrils and I quickly turned to see her stomping in anger and if I'm not mistaken, she was crying. Before I could even process what was going on she shifted into a white wolf. It was bigger than her human body which is rare but it happens especially since it's a royal wolf. She ran faster and disappeared into the Forrest. I didn't have time to admire her wolf's beauty because she was sad and it was making my Lycan angry.

I got off from my seat to chase after her but Quincy stopped me. "Trust me you do not want to see her." She says as she gets ready to go.

"Why do you have to go?" I asked.

"She's my best friend, I'm the only one who hasn't hurt her so far and I'm the only one who she wants to witness her in the state she's in." She says running off in great speed.

"What does she mean in the state she is in?" I ask Autumn.

"When she is overwhelmed by her feelings, her powers tend to come out and it's dangerous. She always tells us to let her be but allows Quincy to come with her." He explains.

"So she is trying to calm herself down?" Andrei says.

"More like a release, Wynter has a very thin temper but some things she sees as silly. People saying mean things to her or bullying her make her angry, yes but she if she thinks it's stupid she won't act on it. But when it does affect her, she will try by all means to keep her anger in until she is far away from people where she can let it out. Quincy says she usually crouches down while she roughly grabs her head as if she is fighting her own mind." He says leaving us all shocked.

"With a sweet personality like that, I would've never thought she was psycho." Alyona says.

"She's not psycho." I mean it's true, she has a sweet personality. From being nice even when someone else's mean, putting everyone before her and that beautiful smile, Moon Goddess help me not ruin this with her. She's not fit to be my mate. I guess that's what she meant by not being mentally strong.

I saw Quincy's figure running slowly towards us. She was alone, isn't she supposed to come back with her?

"What happened? You're early, where is she?" Autumn voices my question.

"She didn't want me to go with her." She says her voice sounding concerned.

"I'm going there." I say.

"No! Arseni don't. You need to respect her wishes to try and protect everyone." Quincy says.

"Protect everyone? Who's going to protect her? That Forrest is filled with rogues, and ravenous vampires!"

"Uh, ouch? Also no one can touch her in that state and I think she proved to be strong enough to protect herself when she beat your Barbie bitchy girlfriend." She says crossing her arms.

"That was training." I say.

"Just at least give her two hours and you can go after her." Two hours?

"Two hours is too much." I say.

"Okay 1 hour. Just trust me." She says.

I start to think about it for a full minute. If her parents made her angry like that, there are high chances it was because of me. I guess I should give her space. Maybe that would be best.

"1 hour." I say leaving them alone there.

I hate the fact that I don't know what to do in this situation. My mate is mad at me and it's my fault.

I decided it was better if I stayed with everyone and wait for her. Although my body was there but my mind was solemnly focused on the Forrest hoping my mate shows up but she doesn't. It bothers me very much that no one else is worried about her.

"You need to calm down, she is okay. She will be okay." Quincy says.

"You don't know that." I say.

"You know as much as you are really good at hiding it, I know you care for her. Just don't wait for "the right time" to show it to her." She says doing a quote sign at the words.

"And if she doesn't want me?"

"Trust me she does. She's also stubborn enough to give you a cold shoulder as punishment for hurting her. Get her a slushy and you'll be good." She says.

I chuckle at her joke. I didn't know she had a thing for slushies.

"I'll take your word for it."
~

Hey honey buns, hope you enjoyed the chapter! More coming your way.🤝🏼