Chapter 36

Zhavi's POV

As I walked back to Wynter's room, I made a mental note not to show her of my suspicions. Wynter was already smart, that would mean evil Wynter is more than smart. I just don't understand how she hasn't tried killing everyone. She sure puts on a show.

I didn't bother to knock when I arrived because we were way past that. It was getting dark out and I missed Shane. They are still torturing that Lycan that attacked my niece.

When I got inside it was empty. I could hear shower water so I sat myself down on the bed and faced the shower door. She took a while before she got out wrapped like a burrito.

"Here to apologize mother?" Oh so she's mad at me?

"Not in so many lifetimes no. I want to know why your best friend is fighting the trauma of almost being killed by a Lycan and you're just sleeping with your boys." I cross my arms waiting for an answer. She just rolls her eyes and walks to the closet. She has an attitude too.

"She's fought a Lycan before hasn't she? Stop being so dramatic she's fine. Is that why you disturbed me and my mate?" She emphasises the word "mate".

"How is it that this meeting is more important to you than anything else?"

"Because this meeting is important to the supernatural world. This will determine a better future for us. It will show who is of higher hierarchy and who must lead so the feud will end." She says. I couldn't see her as she was still getting dressed but that sounds familiar.

I must talk to Zafirah.

"Okay, if you say so" I say getting up. She steps out of the closet and sees me about to leave.

"Was that all?" She asks.

"You've made up your mind. You're my daughter and I know my daughter never changes her mind so I might as well." I start walking to the door. She doesn't say anything as I leave.

"Oh and Wynter?" I stopped and turned to her. "You're not the only strong one here. Remember that."

I didn't mean me who was the strong one. I meant Autumn. Whenever there's a villain, there's always a weakness. Autumn can weaken people so he is one of the strongest here but I don't think she's aware of that.

On my way to see Zafirah. She might have the same suspicions as me. I could not help feeling watched. The last time that happened was when my mate tried sneaking up on me years ago. I certainly miss being a college kid because all of this and sassy daughters are too much.

I ignored the feeling and went straight to Zafirah's room. This place is is a maize I almost got lost. Zafirah and I are somewhat connected so I can feel when she's close by, when I concentrate enough.

I knocked on the big door and waited for a response but there wasn't any. I knocked again, nothing. I decided to try to open and luckily, it wasn't locked. Entering the room I find her holding a hairbrush and silently singing? She had headphones on and was lip syncing whatever she was listening to.

I cross my arms when I could see she didn't notice I was inside. Zafirah is enjoying her stay way too much here. She's no different from Arseni's friends. I closed the door with a loud bang causing her to scream.

"Oh my goodness you are evil!" She says trying to breathe. I smile evily at her. Maybe I am a little evil.

"What were you even doing?" I ask her.

"Uh, listening to Britney Spears's toxic song? It's really popular on tiktok." She says.

"That app is going to kill you." I head to the chair by her window.