Chapter 15

Wynter's POV

He stands up still holding eye contact but looking professional at the same time. I thought my Dad and my brother looked good but this man looked sexy. The suit complemented his hair that was styled perfectly. His jaw was visible and his eyes holding that stone cold expression. His smirk was no longer there anymore. I removed my attention from him figuring he is annoyed by me completely eye raping him and turned to the gorgeous woman next to him. Her straight brown hair goes well with her extravagant midnight blue dress and nude heels with a man next to him who was wearing a beautiful black and white tux. His hair was as long as Arseni's, he looked to be in his mid 30s, his dad is really attractive.

The man looks intimidating although his expression does not match the look in his eyes. He looks at my mother in a way that seems he has been waiting for this for a long time. His smile is rather seductive more than than friendly. Dad surely doesn't like this one bit.

"At last, we have been waiting years to finally meet the mate of the famous Shane Verlice." The man says.

"It's good to be in your presence again, Vlad and Queen Sophia." Dad says though he doesn't seem to like being here.

"Likewise, since we have heard your names. Let me introduce my family to the new family. This is my wife Sophia and our son and soon to be King Arseni." He says and I look at Arseni who's eyes fixated on me again.

"It's a pleasure." Queen Sophia says while Arseni just nods. Wow rude much?

"Forgive him he doesn't talk much." Queen Sophia says. I bet.

"So, Zhavi, how has it been like being a Queen? Surely exhausting with the many responsibilities and your big family." She says. Why did I catch some weird energy from that?

"Not at all. I enjoy being Queen and having a mate like Shane, I have been coping very well." Mom responds calmly.

"Oh? You're British?" King Vlad says.

"Yes, I was born and raised in England." Mom says.

"I hope you had good years I mean, wolves are territorial and do not like change, it must've been hard to convince them that the new Queen is... well a Fae." Queen Sophia says. The word Fae didn't sound like it was pleasant for her. I noticed Arseni rolling his eyes and and I chuckle, he was quick to look into my direction. I thought he was going to be mad but instead there was a ghost smile playing on his lips.

Mom doesn't say anything to respond to her clearly holding her toungue. I know she's not afraid to say something as disrespectful but she is trying for Dad.

Ilari clearly looks annoyed as well. She must be jealous because mom took her mate's attention.

I noticed a guard coming up to Arseni and whispered something in his ear and he nodded at him then the guy left.

"We have an issue. I'll take care of it, excuse me." He says and leaves without giving me a second glance. I thought this dress looked good on me. Should've gone for black like Quincy.

"Let us not keep you children from socialising. We will be speaking to your parents." Vlad says.

When we turn to leave, Quincy pulls my hand and gives me an excited smile.

"Eri-" I was about to ask but she answered before I could finish.

"Yes! But first, drinks." She says and takes me to the fancy bar at the corner.

There we meet one of Arseni's friends who is Megan Fox's look-alike drinking a cocktail while she keeps stealing glances at something as if she is stealing the cocktail.