Chapter 26

Ilari's POV

I got infuriated when I saw Wynter's face red and wet with tears. Since when do my parents make their only daughter cry? They know very well not to do that to her.

I stood there staring at the door, my body was getting heated at the anger. Taking notice of this my mate gently put her small hands on my shoulder and laid her head there instantly calming me.

"I need to talk to them. Why the hell would they make her cry like that? I know right now she's going to the Forrest to cry." I say pissed at them.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She says.

"No, I need to take care of this alone." I say.

"Okay, don't say anything stupid." She says. Kissing me before she left, probably to find Quincy.

I make my way upstairs and head to my parents' chambers. All this time I'm trying to think whether they are panicking or happy about this. Even if Wynter talked back at them it doesn't mean they should make her that sad.

As soon as I was in front of their door, I first thought about what Chrystal said. If I get in there with a lot of anger then I won't get something out if it. I better play it how Mom would. Be as cool and collected as I can be. The door opens slowly and I am met with my mother's face.

"Ilari, come in baby." She says allowing me in.

"I'm hoping you're not trying to act like all is good when I saw my sister was crying." I say crossing my arms.

"Your sister is being overly dramatic. She'll get over it." Dad says behind me.

"What exactly is it? Not telling you who her mate is? I think I'm sure I wouldn't either considering what he is." I say.

"That and she doesn't want to reject him. He has a- "He continues but I stopped him mid sentence.

"Wait wait wait, you want her to reject her mate? Are you insane?" I said before I could think.

"Seems all of my children since we've been here want to disrespect me. If just like your sister you are choosing to stay here tomorrow then fine." He says.

"Wait you were serious about leaving her if she doesn't reject him?" Mom says. He wants to leave his own daughter because she didn't want to reject her mate? What the hell has gotten into him?

"What you were just going to leave her to fight this battle alone because she doesn't want to reject her mate? I get your point but rejecting him is not the best option right now and neither is making her sad." I say in disbelief.

"If she feels old enough to disrespect me, your mother and choose him over us then she should stay you're welcome to join her." He says.

"Shane I am not leaving my daughter." Mom says.

"I am not asking mate." Dad says or more like his wolf says.

" ¡No me hablarás como si estuviera por debajo de ti! Maybe you need some time to yourself because you are not going to treat my children like how my father treated me! Leave Shane, then make sure you never talk to me again." Mom says her hair strands turned white to show her anger.

She angrily struts out of the room and down the stairs. When I turned my head I expected my Dad to be filled with regret but none of those words seemed to have an effect on him.

"If you are waiting for an apology Ilari you won't get it. I am not apologizing for trying to protect my family." He says.

"By leaving them?"

"No. They are coming with me whether they like it or not. I will not have that Lycan Prince kill my only daughter." He says.

"I'm pretty sure no matter how heartless he is, he wouldn't kill his own mate." I say.

"Really? He is centuries old and your sister is 18 and hasn't been 18 for a month yet. He has lived multiple lives and has had flings which he lost. Killed multiple wolves and Lycans and all of you expect me to trust him? He killed the mother of his child and his unborn child but he gets to claim MY ONLY daughter and I'll let him? That's not happening."

"Wait he killed his previous lover?" My head switched from being against my father to being with him.

He is right. Winter is sweet and innocent. She has a heart if gold and would rather shut down her own feelings to make everybody happy. She shouldn't deserve HIM. He is heartless and he is the cause of her acting weirder than usual ever since college started. He rubbed his relationship with Mila on her face. Maybe we need to have a talk.

"You're right. I'm gonna try to convince her we work on this but you need to apologize to Mom. You do not want to be  put in the dog house in the Lycan's palace." I say making my leave.

Inside of me this feels right but the other part of me, the part that keeps telling me she will be mad at me just like Dad is clouded by my need to protect my little sister.

I know what I have to do.

I made my way to the field of which everyone was. My mom wasn't there so maybe she needed some time to herself.

"Everything go well?" My mate asker me through mind link.

"Not quite, that's why I need to talk to the Arseni." I wanted to be honest with her because she always finds out when I'm lying and I don't get how. Also if I tell her the truth, she will be less worried.

"Okay, tell me when you need me." After that I blocked her from my thoughts. I don't want her knowing everything.

I made my way over to Arseni who seemed to be in deep thought while his friends were having a chat fest next to him.

"Trouble in paradise?" I say gaining his attention and his friends' too.

"When do you think she will return?" He looked worried. She hasn't been gone even for thirty minutes.

"It could take hours. But before that, I need to have a word with you." I say. He and Erik's give each other questioning looks before they came back to me. "Privately. It's important." I say.

"Okay. If it's a way to pass time." He says standing up and starts leading me inside.

We walked through the corridors until we were at a brown office.

"This is my office. It's soundproof . I thought it's better here so no one can listen in on us." He says getting on his chair behind the desk and signals for me to take a seat.

"We are here to talk about my sister." I say getting right to the point.

"Obviously, you're not my friend so you wouldn't talk about sports or anything." He says sarcastically.

"And to make sure we keep it like that, I need you to reject her." As soon as I said that his eyes changed to dark golden.

........................

Hello lovies! Sorry about the long wait, school is hell and it's just the beginning of the year:,-)

I hope you enjoy the chapter. Xoxo