Chapter 20

Wynter's POV

It's the 3rd day of our stay here and honestly, I'm not complaining. I saw Mila differently that day she told that little piece of crap that I'm the princess. She also apologized about the way she spoke to me and that she was going to tell Arseni the truth when she wanted. She said she really likes Autumn but isn't she like old? Who am I judging? Arseni is freaking 438 years, not months!! Talk about extreme pedophile energy.

Eriks tells us a few stories here and there. He's gotten to know Quincy a lot which earned me time to myself. I enjoy my time but it gets lonely here, although I don't mind when Quincy comes back to tell me all about what happened with her and Eriks.

I haven't been able to look at Arseni after my encounter with him. I enjoyed being in his arms, I wanted nothing more than to stay like that but time was against me. It's the first time he showed me affection and that would be because he was frustrated.

More than anything I wanted him to kiss me, maybe I could've forgotten about everything a little but he didn't. It doesn't matter though. I shouldn't even be considering forgiving him, if he was true to what he said the night of the dance. He would work hard to earn my forgiveness. Choices we make in life come with consequences and these are the consequences of his actions. He will have to wait, not to mention what his Dad said. I don't even know how to feel about that.

Right now, I'm sitting on a bench a little far from everyone because I needed some time alone. It faces the Forrest giving me a beautiful view of the trees. I'm going to come here more often it's relaxing.

"This is my favourite spot in this place." I heard a soft voice behind me. I want to say it was calm but it startled me that I almost fell.

"For heaven's sake could you stop doing that!" I say clutching my chest.

"You're easily frightened. You need to keep your guard up." He says sitting next to me.

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind." I say sarcastically as I scoot away from him.

"Just so you know Eriks gave it to me so I'm hoping you won't shout at me. I came to give you this." He says pulling out a white book. My book. My damn sketchbook!

"Wait so Eriks kept my sketchbook?!" I say taking it from his hand.

"No, he found it after you left and gave it to me after seeing... something." By something he means all those drawings of him. My cheeks flush from embarrassment. He completely saw my drawings of him.

"Some of these are private." I say hugging my book tight and looking away from him.

"I noticed, they speak a lot of words." He says.

"Wait you can feel through art?" I asked him.

"Yes, I'm no artist nor can I even draw to save my life but I do understand most art has something deeper behind the picture. You just have to notice the smallest details." He says.

I was shocked at this, I looked at him with my eyes grown wide and my jaw on the floor. I have never met someone who understood me like that. Is it wrong to say that I could jump him any minute now?

"Why are you so surprised?" He says.

"I'm not- I just... haven't met someone who understands me like that." I say not looking at his eyes.

"Thank you for calming me down the other day. I needed it. Also I'm sorry for taking your sketchbook, must've been frustrating." He says.

"It's okay, if you understood it then maybe I would've given it to you. And me calming you down didn't mean anything." I say rubbing my sweaty finger tips to my jeans.

"I have a lot of thing going on Wynter and I wasn't ready to bring you into my world. I would've just tried to ignore you but then I would be tempted of you being around especially since I found out you're Ilari's sister. I can't force you to believe me but I'm hoping you would." He says.

"You haven't given me a reason to." I say.

"You know the day you left to go home, I wanted to give your book back but you already had left and I was coming here to Russia the next day. I wanted to tell you everything and clear this thing up. Even if I had to leave you, I didn't want you feel I resented you, you're the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life Wynter. And I'm not just talking about your appearance." I didn't expect all of that but it is what I wanted him to say right?

"But what about Ekaterina? Your parents said..." I trailed off not sure if I can repeat that.

"My past made think of my present differently. It made me hate the existence of mates because of what it did to Eriks but I also believe I could never take the throne without the one I was meant to be with. I don't want to be like my parents." He says. What his parents are not mates?

"But what are the chances I am capable of being the Lycan Queen? I am not... stable, there's things you don't know about me too. It's too dangerous for me to lead a strong group at that, maybe you have a second chance mate." I say not facing him.

"I'm pretty sure I don't, you're the only woman in my life that I'm willing to compromise everything for. And I'm never rejecting you or letting anything happen to you even if you don't want me." He says smiling at me. He smiled. Like a genuine smile.

"Okay," I say as I turn to face him too, my head getting a very good idea. "I'll give you a chance."

"Really?" He says looking shocked. "Is there a condition? This feels like a set up."

"Yes, of course there is. And I have many demands. You're about to make a deal with the devil." I say crossing my arms to show I'm serious. When I do that, Ilari would say I look adorable. I think not!

"I'm finding this really attractive. Please tell me what you have in mind Malayshka." He says. I still want to know the meaning of that.

"You have to tell me why you don't want me to be in your life. Secondly, can you not treat me like I'm some fragile kid? My whole family already does that and I don't need you to too." He smiles at me for moment until it fades. He seemed to be calculating his next reply.

"Okay, as time goes I'll tell you the first one. As for the second, be careful what you wish for love my Lycan and I crave you more than you think." He says. His words made feel all sorts of fuzziness everywhere. I mean everywhere.

His whole appearance makes me want to see him without his clothes. His eyes flashed a bit of yellow telling me his Lycan was also present.

What have I gotten myself into again?

~
Hey honey buns. This was one of my favourite chapters and I hope you like it.

Love ya💕