Chapter 41

Wynter's POV

It has been two days since the woman that took over my body died. Two days since my aunt Raven died. My heart hurts at the pain I made all of them feel, at the pain my aunt Zafirah feels.

Mom spends a lot of time with her, everytime I ask her how she was doing, her response is always that she was getting better. Yesterday I heard her cry but I didn't know what to do or what to say. She doesn't want to talk to me or be in the same room as me.

She saved me after I took away half of her heart. Today they we are all going back to America, for her funeral. It's only fair we all pay our respects. Without her, many would've been gone and I wouldn't be here either.

I am currently in my room packing, our flight was leaving at nighttime. I could smell Arseni was close by, my senses got way stronger than before. So were my powers but this time I can control them.

I hear a knock on the door, I stopped what I was doing to go open it. When I opened, I was met with Arseni wearing all black clothing. Some of his hair was in a tiny ponytail, I never thought I'd see that ever in my life.

"That looks cute." I say earning me a frown from him.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

"Not really but almost." I ascend back to my room to finish up.

"It's not your fault you know." He says as he follows me, making sure the door was closed behind him.

"That's not what she thinks." I reply.

He doesn't say anything for a while as he helps me put my things away. After finishing we finally sit down, he wraps his arm around my waist and lays me on his chest. Arseni has become my safe space, I love how sometimes he stays quiet and lets me just enjoy his company.

Our little cuddle time was disturbed by a knock on the door. Arseni got up to open the door.

"Is Wynter here?" I heard Ilari's voice on the other side.

"Yeah, come in." I shouted so he could hear.

"Actually, I came to tell you we're about to leave. Hurry up." He says.

I went to the bathroom to make sure I looked good before we go. This is going to be a long flight accompanied by a long weekend.

.......................

Zhavi's POV

My sister has been doing better than I thought she would have. Sometimes she would breakdown and cry but other times she would remember their memories. I let her do something I know I would have never let her do before.

I let her look inside my head. I let her tap some memories inside my head and opened it to her. She saw only good things about Raven, she saw the times before the two of them met.

She also saw something that was never possible to see ever in our world, the human world or even the inter dimension. She saw a reflection of her from me, like her spirit around mine.

Right now we are getting ready for her burial and she's never felt better. I am happy to know her heart can now feel peace and I hope her son can too.

......................A week later......

Quincy's POV

It has been an eventful week. Aunt Zafirah and Luis went to live with her mother for a while, meanwhile we had to prepare for Wynter and Arseni's coronation day.

Eriks and I have been preparing something of our own. We are now headed to my home to speak to my family about us and how we will be moving on from now.