Chapter 38

Arseni's POV

After my talk with Quincy and Eriks, I went back to my chambers and saw that Wynter was no longer there. Though her scent was strong, she had disappeared.

I proceeded in looking around for her, from Mila, Alyona and Nikita to her Aunt, her brothers and finally, her parents but even they didn't know where she was.

Right now I'm seated on my desk on the big table, I asked Eriks to be the one to summon my parents because I didn't want to end up arguing with them.

My body feels very restless because of a lot of reasons. I just found out my mate is no longer my mate and I've been blinded by it for days. She could be the reason her friend got attacked. The worst one of all is that I keep asking myself whether this is the truth or not because my heart is fighting all the reason I have. Even though it's enough reason for my heart to lose the battle. I keep wondering if wherever she is, she is safe or not and how the real Wynter is at the moment.

While I was thinking, I could hear the chatter of people. My family and my mate's family enter the room. They all take their seats as their chatter became lesser.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice." I say my first words though I could see everyone's faces were of confusion.

"Hey, where's Wynter? Shouldn't she be here?" Autumn speaks first.

"That's what we are here to discuss." I say as I take my seat in the table.

"What exactly is going on?" My mother questions.

"I... don't know how to explain this," I say not sure how to continue. My eyes lock with Queen Zhavi's of which she looked to Shane who nodded at her.

"What he is trying to say is, Wynter is no longer the same person. She has been consumed by her powers." She says.

"What?! Wh- how? When??" Ilari exclaims.

"I think on the very same night we found out they are mates." She responds.

"What does that mean? How does one get consumed by her powers? You're telling me you've let a killer in my palace?" My father's voice sounded of anger.

"My daughter is not a killer!" Shane defends.

"Speak clearly then. How does she get consumed by her own powers?" He asks.

"Learning to control our power is like learning to stand on one toe on a pointy mountain. One mistake and you fall, in this case, you lose control of your body and are consumed by the darker side of your personality." Queen Zhavi explains.

"When were you going to tell us? Or do you work with her?" My mother asks.

"I don't believe you would trust them with our family secretes mother. The "whys, hows, whens" are not useful in this situation. And mind you my mate is missing and I can't even pick up on her scent." I pointed.

"This is all so confusing. We were hanging out with her not too long ago, she talked more and seemed happier." Nikita says.

"That's the thing, she wasn't paying attention to me like my paranoid Wynter and that's how I figured out she isn't Wynter. Minutes after that I got attacked by some unknown Lycan and it's definitely no coincidence." Quincy comments.

"Didn't she mention something about meeting an unknown man in the forest that night?" Chrystal, I think her name is speaks besides Ilari.

"And the only man other man that has control over some refugee Lycans is D-" Before Viktor could finish his sentence, a cellphone rang causing all of us to turn to the person.