CHAPTER 1: I HOPE THE COFFEE MACHINE BROKE

THIS STORY TAKE PLACE 4 YEARS BEFORE THE ACTUAL ANIME STARTED, IT WILL TELL THE BACKSTORY OF AMAYA REINA AND SOME RELATIONSHIP SHE HAVE WITH THE CHARACTER!

31 AUGUST 2013

It was suppose to be a normal Saturday morning when Reina clock in her shift until she notice a certain blonde hair girl behind the counter.

Fuck noone told me she got the same shift as me

Mayu a 17 years old girl , she started 2 months ago, they used to be on the same shift before Reina ask the manager to change her shift. Mayu would talk with the customer for a long time if they attractive and give a disgust look to other.

After Mayu learn that Reina didn't get into university, she start teasing her now and then until it got on her nerves. That why she change shift a month ago, now she back with this immature high school girl.

"Amaya senpai, looks like we be working together again. How have you been for the pass month? Still didn't get into any college?" Reina put her bag away and wear her apron.

Ignoring Mayu is not the best decision but Reina don't have the energy to talk with her yet. She start cutting up some bread to be serve, Mayu slightly irritated at the black hair woman.

"Are you purposely ignoring me senpai? Did my words strike to your heart?"

I rather strike this knife into your brain

"That enough Mayu. Get the mop and clean the floor." The cafe manager, Kaori standing at the door with her arms crossed. Mayu quickly run to the back to grab a mop before their manager get any angrier.

Kaori once threatened to fired Mayu if she keep have a bad attitude to the customer and give special treatment to some other. Mayu beg Kaori not to fired her with the i don't even know if it true sad backstory.

"Sorry i didn't tell you earlier about your shift with Mayu. Ikari suddenly quit..." Kaori knew about Reina situation, she a good employee and get along well with the others except Mayu who get on everyone back.

" I understand Kaori san. I'll be fine, i did survive a month working with her." Reina smile reassuringly to the older woman, she receive a pat on the shoulder in return.

"There be new employees tomorrow so try to survive for 2 weeks the less. Keep up the good work!" The short hair woman left Reina alone after giving her a big grin. And her normal day begin..

"卄ㄖㄒ...丂ㄖ 卄ㄖㄒ~"

Reina hand stop moving when she heard the familiar eerie voice in front of her. Her eye slowly look up to the customer shoulder who still trying to order his drink. " Should i get a green tea or chocolate..."

A curse on his shoulder.. I can't use my usual technique since he too close to me and it will be weird to suddenly slapping the air.

The curse were all over his shoulder and it hand is closing the customer eye. The worst case scenario is he couldn't see when he walk later and die or he going to get bad headaches.

" I get the Caramel latte." Reina snap back to reality and nod her head with a smile.

" Of course Sir." She start preparing the drink and glance at Mayu who is taking a long time to clean up a table while she talk to a bunch of young boys her age.

Your taste in man sucks Mayu...

Reina let out a deep breath before turning to the man, red strings were attached to the curse.The string were pulled fast and hard, the curse twisted as it scream in pain before slowly disappearing.

The man move his head around feeling a bit lighter than usual on his shoulder. " Here you caramel latte Sir. Have a nice day."

"Ahh, thank you." The man left still wondering why his shoulder suddenly feel lighter and his vision clear.

Curse start showing up more around this part of town, i should be careful too...

"Mayu, are you going to chat all day?" Reina ask the girl who still chatting, she doesn't care if Mayu get fired but there too many customers and she can't handle them alone. "Sorry i gotta go, work you know.."

She walk to the counter while sulking, Reina didn't even glance at her and continue her work. Kaori lean on the wall with a small smile featuring her face, the only person who can get Mayu to work is Reina so she doesn't have to constantly check up on Mayu if she doing her work.

A green looking slime start crawling up the short hair woman sleeve which didn't go unnoticed by Reina.

"Is it me or my vision start to get worsen?" Kaori rub her eye, this afternoon her head hurts and she took a nap in her office.

Reina stay behind for overtime and they close the shop together, the curse have left Kaori alone when it felt Reina curse energy that were overwhelming.

"You should probably thinking about getting a glasses Kaori san." "Are you saying i'm old and needed glasses? I'm still in my early 30's" Kaori joke and Reina let out a small laugh. " Of course not, but before it get worse you probably should get your eye check."

"Yes yes, i should go get my eye check. Anyway, your entrance exam result will be out this Monday right? Hope you got in and stop working here soon."

Before Reina can say another word Kaori already run to her car, in private Kaori is quite childish to be honest.

RING RING

Reina pull out her phone from her back pocket to see the caller id. XXX Hospital. Her finger swipe the green button to the right and put the phone near her ear. "Hello?" " Sorry for bothering you at this late evening Reina chan. Apparently i want to ask about the payment for your sister."

She forgot to pay her sister hospital bill this month, she busy with the entrance exam and work. "I apologise, i be there soon to pay for it." "Then we be waiting, Reina chan. Be careful on the road." The call ended and Kaori call stop infront of the cafe with the window down.

"Need a ride to the hospital?" "I'll be fine, beside your house is the opposite way from the hospital Kaori san." The same curse that came by this afternoon suddenly appear on Kaori arms.

"Fine fine, see you tomorrow then. Don't stay up late!" Kaori left before Reina can exorcise the curse. It a small curse, it won't do her any harm. I should just kill it tomorrow.. With that the black hair girl walk to the bus stop.