CHAPTER 26: ONE LAST TIME

Apparently the 3 woman went out for a drink at the middle of the afternoon when people should be having lunch.

Mei Mei try to make Reina at least say something about what she found at her old house but the black hair woman keep avoiding the question.

Mei Mei put a half drunk Utahime on the passenger seat before turning back to Reina who have both her hand inside her coat pocket.

"I can drive you to the train station if you want." "Thanks but I need to visit Sayuri and some other places, you should head back now. Utahime look like she need to lay down.."

They both turn to Utahime who banging softly on the window calling for Mei Mei while look like she gonna fall asleep any second.

"She really do, I see you later then Rei chan."
With that Mei Mei drive away leaving Reina to call for a cab to take her somewhere.

————————————————

Reina greet the nurse at the hospital reception before walking toward the elevator, she stay at the side as the elevator went up to the 10th floor.

She slide open the door to see Sayuri laying on the bed, Yaga inform that Sayuri were change into the VIP room that Gojo pay for.

The air inside the room is chilly and with the window close and the air conditioner on, Reina slide open the window for some fresh air to come inside.

She stand looking outside the window for a while before turning to sit by Sayuri who's still look the same after a few months.

"I can't be long here... This may be the last time I might see you.." Reina caress her little sister hand, her eye sadden thinking about how things going to get worst from now on.

Reina spend an hour talking about some memories they had as a kid and how her life have been for a few months.

She place a kiss on top of Sayuri head one last time and make way out of the hospital, unfortunately she didn't find Sumi who she quite close to at the hospital.

————————————————

Reina were trying to get a cab infront of the hospital but then her eye lock up with a certain ash blonde guy.

"Tadao san?" "Reina chan?"

Reina for once smile genuinely at her ex superior, she walk closer to him who smile back at her. "Visiting your sister?" "Yeah its been a while since I came back to Hyogo."

Tadao nod his head a few time, he and Kaori is the only person that knew about her situation and he also really nice to her.

"Why not visit the cafe for once? If you not busy, I can drive you there." Remembering the caramel macchiato that the cafe serve make her feel thirsty even though she did have a drink with Utahime and Mei.

"Why not?"

————————————————

Tadao open the cafe door for her as she walk in, she feel comfortable with the homely green design the cafe have for over the past year she work here.

Some workers greet her warmly and she also talk with them for a bit while waiting for her coffee, Mayu glance at her ex superior who look a lot much different than before.

Reina eye bag that she used to have already disappear but her eye still hold the sad look, her outfit also change drastically from a normal homely woman to a 'I got my life together' type.

Mayu try not to meet eye with her for no reason, after Reina left the cafe become a bit gloomy for a month. And most of them were worried because Reina never call back or text them anymore which can lead to the worst case scenario.

"Mayu, it been a long time." The short hair girl turn around to see Reina smiling softly at her. "Ah Reina senpai, yeah it been a few months." Mayu for the first time don't know where to look at as her hand rummaging the counter.

"Yeah, how things going around?" "Nothing much, just the same. I'm still thinking about what college i should go to.." Reina raise her eyebrows slightly before smiling.

"Well I should really take my future seriously now... What I did back then was immature and really dumb, I deeply apologies for teasing you Reina san."

Mayu now understand why Reina were not having any of her jokes before because not getting accept into college is the worst thing that could happen.

Mayu earn a soft laugh from Reina, she wasn't mocking Mayu but the black hair woman realise how much Mayu mature in the past month.

"Don't worry about that, even though you slack off alot but I know how much you needed money. You smart, you get into a suitable college."

Reina pat her head as Mayu blush at what she said, What the hell? Why Reina san smile so attractively?!

Mayu were panicking inside as Reina still patting her, she find Mayu act alot like Sayuri and it bring back memories.

Not long after that Reina decide to leave so she can catch the last train, the staff wave goodbye and Mayu smile happily making her co worker wonder.

"What you smiling so widely for?" "Maybe I do like girls."

————————————————

"AAACHOOOO!"

"What the hell Satoru?" Shoko ask the white hair man who sitting in front of her, she move quite a few meter before he sneeze right on her.

"I'm getting Deja vu for some reason..." Gojo said as he lean back on the seat, Shoko shake her head and gave him the file.

"Seriously there lot of weird thing happening around the time when Sato Syio murdered his father."

Gojo ask Shoko to investigate a few things about the accident that happen a few years ago, Sato Norio follower were trying to blame most of the thing that happen to the Amaya family. Which is really dumb.

"His follower didn't even report about what happened, till today noone know why Sato Syio kill his father and his brother."

Shoko explain while Gojo flip through the pages of the Sato clan profile and the followers profile.

"Right Mei told me Reina be back tonight. She probably just get on the train" Gojo then remember that Reina be back so he quickly get up with the file in hand.

"Pretty sure she can go back home by herself, I need to sort out a few things." With that the white hair man already gone from Shoko sight.

"He better not kill those people"

—————————————————

Reina sit down next to the train window as she put down the plastic bag full of food on the table, since this the last train there not much people as she expected.

Once the train start moving she pull out the book that her father left at the old house, the hardcover book look a bit old and the page had turn to yellowish colour.

"Ethereal Devil Weapon?"

Reina read the first page of the book then quickly flip through the book, all the information inside is the type of weapon Ethereal Devil technique could made.

She could only do a whip because her mother show her that one weapon she should intimate. The book are full of information for her to make a much powerful technique.

Why would he give me this? Even if i did learn all of this... Reina wonder for a while before continue to read the book, at least some more knowledge will help her in the future.

—————————————————