CHAPTER 27: YOUR DADDY

—————————————————
As the train come to a stop, Reina grab her things and existed the train. The station were bustling with people and it hard for her to walk pass the crowd, Reina could only let out a small sigh as she continues walking.

Just after she exists the train station, her phone vibrate in her pocket. She answer it and recognise the voice.

"Kento, why'd you call?"

"To pick you up, I'm waiting at the nearest bus stop"

Reina look around and see the blond dude waiting while leaning back against a car, she walk toward him waving with her left hand as her other hand were holding onto her duffle bag.

Nanami stand straight and bow his head down a little as a greeting. "It nice to see you doing well, Reina san."

"Why wouldn't i be? Did Satoru ask you to come pick me up?" Reina ask while opening the passenger door. Nanami nod his head slightly before getting inside the car.

"He wouldn't leave me alone, as he always do." He turn on the engine and start driving, Reina throw her bag into the backseat before relaxing body on her seat.

"Of course he wouldn't, where is he right now?" "Ieiri san told me that he went off somewhere, I think you should consider contacting him before he does something stupid again." Nanami make a slight turn to the left, Reina glance at the blond man for a second before opening her purses.

She open her contact and press on the name 'blind rat', she let it ring for a few second waiting for Gojo to answer.

"He's not answering...." Reina ended the call and call him again, usually it take him a few seconds to answer.

"He probably call you back soon Reina san." Nanami knew Gojo happen to be away somewhere at the moment but he didn't question anyone.

"Maybe..."

—————————————————

"If there anything I could help you with, feel free to contact me Reina san." Nanami bow to her as he stand outside of Reina house.

"Thank you for picking me up, Kento. Drive safely." She wave him goodbye as Nanami walk toward the car, Reina watch the car drive away from her house before walking inside.

A faint sound of rain could be heard as soon she open the door and greeted by the familiar dark home.

Her hand search for the light switch and she flip it open, the dark room filled with light put her at ease.

"Home sweet home.." Reina left her duffle bag at the front door and making her way toward the kitchen. She will take the bag later in the morning.

She wanted to make a cup of tea first before going to bed as she usually do. Reina stare into empty space as she waited for the water to boil.

The rain start to get heavier and she snap out of her trace when the sound of whimper could be heard from outside the window.

"A dog?"

Reina slide open the window to see the dark road with the lamppost as the only source of light, she could still hear the whimper of the dog which she could not find from her point of view.

I should go see in case a dog is hurt.. Reina grab the umbrella next to the shoes rack and quickly walk out of her house to find the dog.

She live in a rather quite neighbourhood and most house have quite the distance between them, it could be her neighbour dog that run out of it own house.