CHAPTER 2: WHEN DEATH SING IT SONGS

There aren't much people in the hospital, or maybe it just the floor she in. Most of the patient on this floor are in need of machine to stay alive or really close observation. The familiar nurse greet the black hair girl, they know each other for the pass year ever since her sister when into coma 4 years ago.

"Here is the payment." Reina hand the nurse an envelope, she got paid last week and the money is still untouched. "Thank you Reina chan. Right, you waiting for the college result? Good luck on that!" The nurse beam at the tired girl, Reina only nod her head and say a small thanks.

The hospital suck... there too many curse here..
Reina slap a curse away from nearing her sister, Sayuri. Reina decide to spend the night here, beside she need to at least clean her sister up. A bucket of water and a small towel were set next to Sayuri, Reina begin to wipe her sister hand with the damp towel.

The doctor told her 2 years ago that he never saw anything like this, Sayuri isn't hurt anymore but she just won't wake up. The day 16 years old Reina run inside the hospital with her bloody sister on her back, Sayuri never woke up ever since.

"It was my fault..." Reina sigh to herself, knowing it in the past and she can't change it. After cleaning Sayuri, she gave her a kiss on the forehead before settling down on the couch. "Good night,Sayuri."

A woman was sitting at the engawa facing the backyard, her hand were busy flipping the pages as her eye scan the text left to right. Outside on the backyard there Reina who just done running her laps, the 8 years old girl was breathing heavily after a few laps. Her mother, Amaya Harumi put down the book and grab the towel that was placed nicely on the table.

"Rei, come here." The black hair girl slowly get up before lazily walking to where her mother is sitting. Once she sit down beside Harumi, she start wiping the sweat off Reina forehead. "Mother, when are you going to teach me how to make a weapon with my curse technique? You said dad can do it~!"

Reina only learn self defence and how to put curse energy inside a weapon. "Ehh? You're too young for that. Let's wait a little bit more till you older then i tell you how." Harumi pat her eldest daughter head before bopping her nose. " Let's go have lunch shall we?" "Did you made yakisoba??" "Yes yes i did."

1 SEPTEMBER 2013

"Reina chan?" The sudden voice interrupt her slumber and she slowly open her eye to see the nurse. " You not going to work today? I wake you up early just incase you be late." How kind.. "Yes thank you, Sumi san. You must be busy, sorry that you need to wake me up in you work shifts."

"No problem, there was an accident happen last night. It was so gruesome that i can't even take a quick nap." Accident? Must be some drunk driver.

" Right you need to go to work! Here a bento i got from some handsome man from the other department. He brought 2 so i gave one to you. Don't skip meal Reina chan" Sumi put the bento on the girls lap before quickly leave when she heard a few familiar doctors voices on the hallway. " Thanks... not like she can hear me..."

After eating the bento and wash her face, she say goodbye to Sayuri before going to work. On the hallway she check her phone to see a text from Kaori saying she can come in late if it about Sayuri past night. Reina text back saying it's fine but then a familiar notification sound could be heard.

The phone on the reception desk lit up, the phone case look like Kaori's but she can't be sure. A police officer took the phone and ask the nurse if it the phone of the dead person. After conforming that, a few nurse were pushing a stretcher with a dead body.

"I heard her daughter died last night." " She just died an hour ago, but it already looks like she wouldn't survive with the state she was in."

A few nurse also were gossiping when the dead body were taken away to the morgue. She saw the dead body hand that poking out of the stretcher, the small tattoo Kaori had with her husband.

"爪卂爪卂.... 尺乇工刀卂 丂卂刀"

The sudden voice make Reina freeze at her spot, she knew who is standing in front of her. It Kaori daughter Nina, her body is burn and she don't have an arm. No i didn't see her... Reina walk pass the little girl curse, she never kill a curse that is someone close to her.

"尺乇工刀卂 丂卂刀"

The little girl were following her while saying her name with a really creepy voice till outside the hospital. Kaori san.. I'm sorry. Nina stop at her track when Reina walk away from the hospital, a curse can't leave it place they say.

Right, she be stuck her unless someone exorcist her. She won't be at peace if she stay like this. Reina turn around and stand in front of the girl, her hand touching the girl head. " Marionette ". With that the little girl sees a lot's of strings attached on her body. "Rest in peace"

With that her head were twisted off in less than a second, Reina eye darken at the sights of the gruesome dead girl curse on the ground. After shaking her head a few time she left the hospital ground, still trying to accept the fact that Kaori died with her daughter.

The cafe close for the day as everyone got the news, Reina already printed out her resign letter. She can't stay at a place where someone she knew died, same goes to her mother.

After her mother died 4 years ago she move out of the house and live at a smaller apartment since she live alone with Sayuri in the hospital.

The next day a few of her coworkers were wearing black as a sign of mourning, Reina gave the letter to the person in charge which make him surprise.

"Reina, you quitting?" "Sorry, i got accept into college so i be away...." She lie so that no one will ask why the sudden resign.

"We thought of giving you the manager tittle but i guess it must be hard to accept... with you being close to Kaori san." The guy stay in awkward silent before Reina take her leave.

"Visit sometime okay, Reina?" "I will" Reina gave him a small smile before walking out of the cafe.

Mayu eye follow the black hair woman who walking away, she doesn't feel anything at the moment but seeing Reina back look so sad and tired.