Spinner's End

"She looks just like her mother. I never believed it would come to this. You promised you would keep her safe!"

"They placed their faith in the wrong person, Severus. Son, I've done all that was possible... Right now, this child remains. Rose Potter."

"Behold that mark..." the other began with mere disgust and shock.

"What made you bring her out of that house, may I ask?"

There was an overwhelming silence.

"I see. Something had come over you, Severus. The very first moment you laid eyes on her. She is bound to you, by Lily's word."

"Why...?"

"After everything that had happened, Lily still had you in her heart. There is a way, dear boy. Have her close now. This is one promise I intend to keep, permanently. You cut yourself short, too often."

10 long years had gone painfully by, for one.

For the girl who lived through that awful night, she awoke with a jolt, after having to dream again. It wasn't so much a nightmare, but she knew at least one voice. Yet every time, her arm would burn bloody murder as she remembered this green flash of dazzling light.

Rose Potter.

A young witch who had a flush of messy red hair that never obeyed her, but her eyes were as green and bright like emeralds, rivaling that of her mother's, supposedly. Her face was a mess with freckles, but she had one odd birthmark over her right arm. It used to look like a burn, but it sure felt like one often times. She did not remember much of her early years but she was never alone. A storm had blew over Spinner's End again, with rain rapping against the window, had proved more than once to be her daily wake up call lately. Again, she was looking forward to another long, boring day, full of reading and lessons.

Rose. Rose Potter was her natural name, but it left a sour taste in her mouth for some reason, so she preferred to just be called Rosie. Part of why was that didn't know much about her real father, but she knew a bit about her real mother.

Of course, even with that sadly known fact, she was not alone. She did have someone. Two, actually, if Elves counted. She called her LouLou, a name she chose at a young age much to her Sire's dismay and annoyance.

Already frustrated with another boring day, Rosie found that her blankets were magically blown away by LouLou herself.

"Prince's orders, girl! Up, up and up!"

"He's not here to boss me around today, shoo!" Rosie grunted, stuffing her head beneath her pillow with a loud huff! "Go clean the loo, just leave me alone~"

"He gave me permission, Miss." LouLou huffed back, climbing up onto the bed. Using all her strength, she shoved the girl right off of it, having her land with a thud on the wood flooring.

"FINE, FINE THEN, I'm up!" Rosie barked, throwing the blanket off her head.

LouLou was a House Elf, having been new and young, with Prince being her first Master since Rose was brought into his life. She was a great blessing to have when the girl was small. Of course, she was a blessing now that Rose was at the end of her tenth year, with her birthday fast approaching.

"Can you leave now...?" Rosie joked, finally have gotten freshened for the day. The Elf was practically her shadow.

"Want me to change into a puff of smoke for you? Surely I would be just as annoying. Come, breakfast is served," LouLou replied as Rosie went into the kitchen where a kettle kept whistling.