Lyra

Time, sadly, went along a little too fast for her liking, but no matter, she had never seen so many people about in her life. It came to mind that it was overwhelming to a point, but soon this day began to come to an end. Hagrid was gladly still with them by the end of it. Today was not a day to mingle with others her age, with Prince clearly stating that she will have plenty more chances once she is on her way on the train to Hogwarts.

Simply put, she just had to take his word for it...

All of this talk of this magical school was making Rosie's imagination go on overdrive, especially now that she had a little fidget of an owl to train. Change was sharp in the air and she was so giddy about it, along with the need to head along a little too quickly. That was until she met the eyes of that one fellow red head again, who was waiting, rather impatiently, with his bumbling mother when Rosie came overlooking from the second floor. Shyly, the two waved at each other before she was called back.

"What have I said about your wandering?" Prince asked.

"I'm sorry, but I think I made a friend..."

"Is that so?" he replied, impassive.

"I didn't say my name or anything..." she said, as if defensively.

"Ah. That's a relief." Prince dryly ended it yet did glance at the odd family down below, purchasing their texts as well. "All this mingling will have to wait, little fawn. At least until you are well on your way on board the Express," he stated, matter-of-factly, as he silently pressed her to walk along with him.

Hagrid did his part by helping to pay in their stead with Galleons entrusted to him as the two had to make a silent leave, much to the girl's confusion. She painfully peered back but didn't dare to argue with him. Waiting was the only option... Soon enough, before she had the chance to bid Hagrid farewell, they were off.

"As soon as we arrive home, there is a matter that I must discuss with you, child."

Once again, the walk back home was something surely silent, despite the small motion brought forth to get her new texts all set up upon her bed back at Spinners End, even her new little helper, Felix, whom she was very eager to train as soon as they got home.

Staying to the side of her looming Guardian, her thoughts ran wild with an exhilaration that days were coming where she would be among other children, her own age! Even Prince eventually showed a slight curve of his lip at the mere thought of it, on her behalf.

"How big is Hogwarts?" she asked, playing some hopscotch along the cobblestone by his side.

"It was once a ruin in the Scottish woodlands," Prince replied, knowing that there was no escape from these endless questions. "By magic from its former fathers, it is now a grand castle, capable of housing an entire village within its walls."

"It's a castle!?" Rosie gasped.

"Indeed..." he glanced at her, having a rare gleam in his eye. Was it a star that she suddenly saw?

"I have only read of castles, but I've never been inside one before!"

"Do not become too ecstatic at the thought, little fawn. In a day's time, you will be irritated by the mere size of it."

"No, I will not!" she smirked. "You will see, sir, that I will be on time for every class."

Rosie held her head high with confidence.

"For mine in particular?" he challenged her, with a calm smile.

"Definitely for yours, Professor."