Lyra Wanders

The first time she heard of her next Master were only a few silky soft words~

"I am in need of a kind, gentle, and timid elf. For a rather... 'delicate' task."

"Not sure you'd want this one... It's the quietest waste of air we have. Found it by the train tracks about a week ago. I'll give it for a knut..."

"I will be the judge of that-" the silky deep tone came again before she heard it come to her.

A tall, stark man peered down his hooked nose down at her. He wore deep ebony attire, draped in a dark cloak as if he ruled the night. She kept her eyes to the floorboards. The shadow grew greater and she tightened her eyes shut, readying for a strike. But, she only felt an odd sensation~ a stroke, along her shaky, bony head.

"Look at me." was the first command, neither risen or sharp. His voice was calm... hypnotic even.

Terrified and confused, she obeyed and looked into the pale face of a fairly curious wizard.

"... you are a young one, aren't you?"

She swallowed and nodded but she truly wanted to look away from him. He let her do so...as soon as the runner walked off with his small payment.

"What is your name?" the dark man inquired.

"D-Ditty, sire..." she croaked in a tiny shivering voice.

"I am in need of a creature of your exact demeanor, for something entirely precious. Something you may find endearing... A proper alternative instead of a lifetime of hard labor... If not, well... I will get to that as soon as we arrive home."

"H-home?"

"Yes. Follow me."

It was among one of those evenings where his own emotions were at an all time low. The little home was quiet as he busied himself with a potion in the kitchen. It was late and he could not lay himself down. This potion was something important to him as it did provide a means for him to keep it close for any emergency.

A Calming Draught...

He wished that it didn't have to be this way but he was left with no choice, especially when there was someone who needed him. They were kept tenderly hidden, asleep, upstairs, practically above his head. Climbing up the narrow stair when he heard a disturbance, put the grieving man to a standstill when he eyed the young elf in the corner at the very top. The wizard inclined his head only a little before he was cautious in his steps towards her... As those glossy marbles blinked up at him.

"I say, whatever is the matter...?" he hummed, barely making her jump.

"Master, I-I only feel that~" the little elf had to find the moment to correct herself. "... sir... why did you come to collect a little Ditty? "

His eyes were hooded with a gentle glow igniting them, revealing a whole other realm for the poor little elf. He closed in to where she sat on the step and sat down right beside her, a cool look from his own face set the creature's mind at ease...

"When I had given you the option to go, I had meant it."

"No wizard or witch has ever given Ditty a choice before, mummy was never given a choice~"

"... you have met her?" he then asked, softly.

"Ditty h-has, sir... She does not know what to do... Master Prince has not hurt Ditty, or had beaten Ditty... He has shown her clothes! Only all talk. Ditty is so very confused..."