1

The quiet resonated through the big library as the only person sitting there tapped his pen against a book.

Music echoed through Sunghoon's earbuds as he skimmed through the pages of his history project that was due on the next day.

It was about 90% done and he had been extensively working on it.

He stopped skimming through the pages and closed the books in front of him, sliding them to the side.

It's unnecessary to finish it now..

He was startled by the loud sound of thunder surpassing his earbuds and he looked up towards the window in front of him, seeing the rain pounding against the pavement.

He calmly looked around the library and his eyes fall on the clock hanging on the wall as he realizes how late it really was.

11:30.. They're probably waiting for me to leave so they can close..

Sunghoon let out a sigh as he placed all of his supplies back into his school bag.

He stands up from his seat as he dragged his feet to the exit.

Scrunching up his nose out of annoyance, he walks out into the rain that at that point was unavoidable.

Feeling the rain sticking his hair to his forehead, he almost felt like crying.

Why the hell did it have to rain today?

Sunghoon looked out at the raging sea as he walked down the bridge he walked on every day.

He stopped to stand at the spot he had planned days ahead.

Right in the middle.

Sunghoon softly dropped his bag onto the floor and walked closer to the waist-high railing, taking in a deep breath.

He slowly and carefully climbed over it as his thoughts were only on one thing.

His shaking hands held on as he stood at the very edge.

Any second thoughts Sunghoon? He mentally asked himself as he looked down at the waters.

The wind was piercing through his thin jacket as he held on delicately.

"No second thoughts." He confirmed to himself in a small whisper.

So this it... You never amounted to anything. You never meant anything to anybody. You were only a speck of dust in a wide world.... Your life only consisted of living for others. Right?

The rain was falling harder, making him struggle to see, not like he needed to anyway.

He slowly moved one finger off the rail as he stared down at the sea, feeling tears reach his eyes and blend with the rain.

The sea looked angry, as if there was a hurricane about to happen. It looked dark and cold.

He had waited days to do this. Months even.

He had planned it.

He said goodbye to his mother in the morning before school. Thanked his teachers before he left. Went to the library to pretend to study one last time.

He even cleaned his room so that his mom at least had something less to do before she decides to move his shit out of there.

The calendar had been marked for almost a month and this was the day he was finally going to execute it.

Sunghoon took a deep breath as he removed another finger.

The corner of his eye suddenly spotted a yellow hue.